“A great time with only a few small annoyances.”

Wilderness at the Smokies
Ranked #21 of 92 things to do in Sevierville
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were there off season so things were a lot less crowded it was a little cool outside for my little ones tastes so we only did the indoor things.

Check-in was simple and easy. The only problem here was getting hit up right away for a time share sales pitch and then every time you headed near the door.

Near the lobby is a nice sitting area and a well stocked store. Expensive of course but I guess that gets out and driving to the store. As there are none in short walking distance. They have Starbucks coffee there as well.

The hotel area is huge but was very clean with plenty of vending. Average prices for vending in other areas.

The room was very comfortable and spacious. We had a 2 room suite with a total of 4 beds a full kitchen, 2 full baths, and 3 TV's so in the evening relaxing people can watch whatever they want. The furniture in our room was very sturdy and comfortable. A very nice sized kitchen table for some cards or games after dinner.

The first thing you see when heading for the water park is the arcade. The games get expensive but are not anymore expensive than other arcades in the area. Lots of ticket games. Which my daughter loved the most. She won 2 jackpots for 1500 tickets. The have some some extra things to do. It seems expensive but do yourself a favor and spring for the day or stay pass for those. Things like the laser maze and black light golf have lots of replay value. You will save money in the long run. The little club climbing den for little ones was great and parents are allowed to go in but be careful things can get narrow quick in there.

The water park was not huge but my daughter never got bored. There were plenty of life guards they did enforce the rules but were not really in your face about things. One thing we learned do bother with a swim ring for a little one they have to use the big tubes same as everyone else but there are plenty of life jackets to go around and another big plus in my book all the pools use salt water instead of chlorine. They let my daughter slide on height one some of the water slides but not on the big one that shoots you into the vortex. I was told this one the height restriction is really needed. After doing it without her I agreed with them. The others were really good though and my daughter loved them all.

The restaurants were clean and the food was delicious. A really great burger. I didn't try much else but from the food I saw on the plates of others it looked good. Breakfast was also very tasty and reasonably priced. Service was friendly but could be a bit slow. I would say though that was due more to being the off season with fewer staff scheduled on than through any fault of the wait staff. I was watching our waitress hustle between quite a few tables.

The only food that I thought was really overprice albeit still very tasty was the poolside concession area. Almost 30 bucks for 2 personal pizzas a hot dog and loaded fries. You're better off going to your room and ordering some room service and then heading back down later.

My gripes were very small compared to the fun we all had. I will 100% be back.

All reviews
"coffee maker"
"mini fridge"
"hidden trail"

Reviewed September 24, 2013

From the reviews- just didn't think we would enjoy our stay for the price. However, this is one thing our son had been wanting to do is go to a water park. We got a really good deal on the room and so we thought we can do this for one night. I am going to review on several different levels

Time Share Presentation- Not to much pressure to do it but it is an obligatory few minute talk that you receive at check in time. We were able to turn it down nicely but firmly and no back lash.

Room- great- reviews had listed rooms as small- they are but still very nice to relax in
Food- Children eat free- We thought that they had a breakfast buffet but in Sept it is only on the weekend. Ordered from the meal. Plenty to eat on the plate, price for 2 eggs, meat, potatoes and toast was around $8 plus drink.

Shops- Pricey very pricey but you don't have to buy something if you don't like the price.

Adventure Forest- extra price for arcade, climbing and other activities but you don't have to do them if you don't want to. So it 's all in how much you are willing to spend. We didn't miss it

Water Park - only the inside was open due to the time of year but we had a blast. Plenty of life guards and helpful staff. To us it was well worth it all.

In the end, we were glad that we chose to go there. With a note - we still would not pay the normal room price - with a special rate- it's all good.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We took a "girls trip" to the Wilderness in the Smokies in September 2013. It was such a wonderful place to stay. We had everything imaginable to do right at the resort. The facilities had an awesome golf course, waterpark, goofy golf and also had restaurant and gift shops. Easy access to Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mountains. Rooms were beautiful and extremely clean. Employees were friendly and professional. Would highly recommend. This facility is a Wyndham Resort and I would recommend purchasing a time share to Wyndham.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We took our family to Wilderness for the second time in December 2012. So much fun, yet again! We have a 4 year-old and a 2 year-old and they LOVED both the small kid area and the bigger kid area. The only issue was that the kid slide in the area adjacent to the surf rider got a little dark for them. We stayed in the river lodge so that we didn't have to pack to go back and forth. Wen we checked in we simply asked to be as close to the water park as possible and our wish was granted to the tune of being 3 doors down from the indoor water park.

I highly recommend this for one or two nights, but more than that could get to be a little much. And bring your own fod and drinks as it can get VERY expensive to eat on site.