“very nice spacious rooms”

Wyndham Smoky Mountains
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Enjoyed our room and went to the pool, hot tub, mini putt golf , .we spent alot of time walking around. Our room was very nice, enjoyed the patio. Went to a singing-variety show Patty Waszak, it was a nice show. The facility is in a good location.

Room Tip: Ask for bldg 28 room 2821. Loved the privacy of the deck, great location from parking lot ESP when h...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham Smoky Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Hi Gale,

Thank you for providing this feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed the resort amenities and your unit accommodations. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

we have stayed at this location many times but this one takes the cake. We were asked to do a survey on check in procedures and it turned into a marketing ploy that was all about how my family is not smart enough to understand what they are selling. What in the world. We do not recommend to anyone to stay here. The lady we dealt with should be fired for being so demeaning and rude. We will NEVER be back. Guarantee that!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank veryunhappyowner
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham Smoky Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear your interaction with the resort staff did not meet your expectations. We know that while on vacation, it is important to be treated well, especially after traveling all day. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and will be taking action to ensure that this is not an issue for future guests. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Wyndham Smokey Mountain Resort is a large, beautiful resort just outside the busy streets of Pigeon Forge/Sevierville. It is located in a quiet mountain top area overlooking the Parkway and is so nice, quiet and peaceful. Our unit overlooked a grassy meadow - no neighbors or bldgs. to spoil the view. The units are very spacious and very clean, well-maintained and stocked with everything you need for a relaxing stay. The beds were very comfortable and the baths had plenty of towels and were extremely large, even the 2nd bath was large. We found some great restaurants nearby - Thai Basil, Bennet's, and Holston's. Be sure to visit the Titanic exhibit - pricey but worth the time and money. Forbidden Caverns was also a nice tour.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor (there are 4 floors) for a good view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for providing this great feedback including some great restaurant suggestions. We are so glad you enjoyed your unit accommodations and area activities nearby. We hope you come back to visit for another great vacation experience!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Arrived on Saturday for a two week stay here in Sevierville. Apartments is accessed via ground floor, but which has spectacular views from the lounge and master bedroom. Full kitchen, washer & drier & 2 bathrooms, one with jacuzzi bath. We are in the Elkmont side of resort and just a short walk from the leisure facilities. I used the hot tub yesterday and the indoor pool, (well, it was raining) and I was the only one in there.

Check in staff were very welcoming and efficient as are the guest service staff we've spoken to since. I agree with the comment about the thin walls as the people above us sound like elephants stomping around and I have even heard snoring when I've woken in the night! Still, the ear plugs have come in handy! Have to say though, that the bed is so comfy and huge!

Great location, for shopping, particularly at Tanger Outlet and dining , all along Parkway and beyond. Also a great base from which to explore the Smoky Mountains. Would definitely recommend the Wyndham and would readily book to stay here again if I return to the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor I possible so you won't have noisy people above you.
1  Thank Bridget C
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I loved the resort, it was nice and offered numerous activities. I loved the activity center and all the staff were very helpful. After traveling to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg I appreciated this facility even more. There was ample parking and the grounds were well maintained. There was not as much hustle and bustle in this area.

We were in a two bedroom it was really nice and spacious. I would love to have stayed longer.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2013

When we checked in, the lady was friendly (for the most part.) I had booked months ago so I shouldn't have had any issues getting a good room, wrong. She tells me all she has left is a handicap room on a first floor (they had already assigned me a room so I don't buy the all we have left line. It is probably because I was an RCI member and not Wyndham.) I agree to it since "that's all they have left." When i'm signing my paperwork and hand it back to the woman at the desk she asks "Is that your full signature?" Now what does it really matter if it is my full signature or not, it's the way I sign everything (including my driver's license which she just had looked at by the way.) I was very offended by this, first day on vacation and I'm getting grief about my signature?

After that experience was over we drive to the room (in building 10.) As soon as I opened the door I immediately got hit with the scent of old cigarette smoke. Now I'm told that these rooms have always been non-smoking but there was definitely that smell in there (which didn't help my allergies.) The one bedroom "deluxe" was quite large. In my opinion a lot of wasted space. It had the full kitchen and the Jacuzzi tub (I did not use either.) It had a balcony which overlooked a busy road which was disappointing. You could hear cars and emergency vehicles all night (there is a fire station just down the road.)

The bed was fairly comfortable. Not as bad as some I have stayed in recently but it wasn't great by any means. The fan above the bed had a loose light can so it knocked constantly and looked like it was about to fall down. The room and bathroom were clean but I absolutely hate handicap rooms because of their low floor showers. You get water everywhere and between the safety bars and the bench seat which I wasn't about to sit on you have no room.

We were only bothered by the timeshare people once the morning after we checked in. We didn't contact them back and I left the phone off the hook.

We are staying here again in December so I hope I have a better experience then.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Over the years my family and I have stayed at many various resorts all over the world. Wyndam Smoky Mountains Resort is for sure one of the nicest and well run places we have ever stayed. Our stay began with a warm and friendly greeting from the front desk stay. They made our check- in process simple, efficient and made us feel welcome from the get go. Our room was gorgeous, very clean, recently updated and stocked with everything we would need to feel at home. The staff called to check on us several times through out our stay to make sure we were pleased and happy. This resort offers two beautiful outdoor salt water pools, two indoor pools and a large hot tub. There is also a super nice kids outdoor water play area as well as a nice miniature golf area. This is just the tip of the iceberg ! Movie nights, popcorn ...something different everyday and something for everyone of all ages ! The resort is located central to everything you could want to do in this fantastic little city. WIthin just a few miles is a large Tanger Outlet and you are surrounded by restaurants of all types and prices. Apple Barn is just around the corner as well as many other fab places to eat and shop. You can't go wrong staying here, we loved every second and didn't want to leave !

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor on the end.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Resort at Governor's Crossing
The Inn at Christmas Place
The Inn at Christmas Place
#3 of 92 in Pigeon Forge
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pigeon Forge

Been to Wyndham Smoky Mountains? Share your experiences!