“Had a wonderful time”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Had a wonderful time”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I loved the resort, it was nice and offered numerous activities. I loved the activity center and all the staff were very helpful. After traveling to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg I appreciated this facility even more. There was ample parking and the grounds were well maintained. There was not as much hustle and bustle in this area.

We were in a two bedroom it was really nice and spacious. I would love to have stayed longer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Pace, Florida
Reviewed September 23, 2013

When we checked in, the lady was friendly (for the most part.) I had booked months ago so I shouldn't have had any issues getting a good room, wrong. She tells me all she has left is a handicap room on a first floor (they had already assigned me a room so I don't buy the all we have left line. It is probably because I was an RCI member and not Wyndham.) I agree to it since "that's all they have left." When i'm signing my paperwork and hand it back to the woman at the desk she asks "Is that your full signature?" Now what does it really matter if it is my full signature or not, it's the way I sign everything (including my driver's license which she just had looked at by the way.) I was very offended by this, first day on vacation and I'm getting grief about my signature?

After that experience was over we drive to the room (in building 10.) As soon as I opened the door I immediately got hit with the scent of old cigarette smoke. Now I'm told that these rooms have always been non-smoking but there was definitely that smell in there (which didn't help my allergies.) The one bedroom "deluxe" was quite large. In my opinion a lot of wasted space. It had the full kitchen and the Jacuzzi tub (I did not use either.) It had a balcony which overlooked a busy road which was disappointing. You could hear cars and emergency vehicles all night (there is a fire station just down the road.)

The bed was fairly comfortable. Not as bad as some I have stayed in recently but it wasn't great by any means. The fan above the bed had a loose light can so it knocked constantly and looked like it was about to fall down. The room and bathroom were clean but I absolutely hate handicap rooms because of their low floor showers. You get water everywhere and between the safety bars and the bench seat which I wasn't about to sit on you have no room.

We were only bothered by the timeshare people once the morning after we checked in. We didn't contact them back and I left the phone off the hook.

We are staying here again in December so I hope I have a better experience then.

Bristol, Tennessee
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Over the years my family and I have stayed at many various resorts all over the world. Wyndam Smoky Mountains Resort is for sure one of the nicest and well run places we have ever stayed. Our stay began with a warm and friendly greeting from the front desk stay. They made our check- in process simple, efficient and made us feel welcome from the get go. Our room was gorgeous, very clean, recently updated and stocked with everything we would need to feel at home. The staff called to check on us several times through out our stay to make sure we were pleased and happy. This resort offers two beautiful outdoor salt water pools, two indoor pools and a large hot tub. There is also a super nice kids outdoor water play area as well as a nice miniature golf area. This is just the tip of the iceberg ! Movie nights, popcorn ...something different everyday and something for everyone of all ages ! The resort is located central to everything you could want to do in this fantastic little city. WIthin just a few miles is a large Tanger Outlet and you are surrounded by restaurants of all types and prices. Apple Barn is just around the corner as well as many other fab places to eat and shop. You can't go wrong staying here, we loved every second and didn't want to leave !

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor on the end.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Ok, so we have spent a week here and I have nothing but amazing accolades for the staff and facilities, BUT if I have one drawback its the walls of the rooms...they are super thin. We were expecting thin, but they were surprisingly thinner than we anticipated.

Now, before we came we researched this property because we wanted to get away and have some quiet times amid the daily drive into town to eat, explore, and experience. In our case we found an excellent room..big on space, and very appealing in its cleanliness and atmosphere. What we did not count on was how thin the walls were.

I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend people ask for a 4th floor room, but in saying that I would also like to recommend that the property management keep 12 and under kids in lower floors. In our case we had a couple with two kids (I believe twins) in an adjoining room who had a habit of yelling and crying all through the early evening hours till about 11:30PM or later. It felt like there were in our room literally. I guess this speaks to Parents not setting an example of proper behavior and in the process demonstrating a lack of consideration for others, so if management takes any feedback from this reaview its that. Either insulate the walls with more sound proofing or restrict kids to lower floor where the crying and screaming is shared among those who dont mind the fuss. This not mention the running around in the room and the floor vibrating with the stomps. I cant begin to imagine what others in lower floors heard and experienced as a result. My wife and I came for a relaxing time and dont get me wrong we did find it and love it here. But for the life me...the walls. I cant even begin to imagine if I was in a lower floor. Perhaps this review would not be so good.

The property is maintained impeccably by the staff. Misty Harper is perhaps the most friendly and awesome host the hotel has. Her recommendations, advice ...well just everything. She has been freaking AMAZING in welcoming us to the smokeys and sharing with us what to do, where to ideally have a meal, and just being so down to earth in everything. We thank her so so much for all her tips and advise and we have gained a friend likely for life.

Would we come here again? Absolutely, but management needs in my humble opinion to improve the sound insulation. Everything else was spot on. I would have given a full perfect rating had it not been for the room noise and honestly we got an amazing room. Definitely will come again. A vacation will not be perfect and this came as close to one as my wife and I have had in a long time. Thanks to all the reviewers in prior stays at this resort. Those reviews were spot on. Oh and BTW, use coupons when going into town either to Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/ Gatlinburg...they really do help you save big $$$

Room Tip: 4th floor or bust. And if by chance you get a lower floor pray that if anyone stays next to you on e...
Pegram, Tennessee
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We've stayed at this Wyndham many times over the years and always enjoy it. This trip was for a long weekend, in a 3 BR unit. We had unit 1236 and really enjoyed it. This unit is on the same side of the road as the main office and close to the playground, splashpad, and mini-golf.

We checked in on Thursday about 3:00 with wait. After checking in guest services promptly asked if we wanted to go to any shows or needed any area information. I'd already made my own reservations for a show (bought tickets online for 1/2 off) but they will make your reservations and get you a discount for any shows in the area.

Our room was a 3 BR unit, on the 3rd floor of a building. The room was very room for the 6 of us. We found everything in working order with no problems. See pictures of the unit attached. We had a large balcony, probably 15 ft x 6 ft, with 2 small tables and 4 chairs.

The property is very nicely decorated/landscaped. They change out the some of the things for the every season/holiday.

Room Tip: We've stayed here many times and enjoy the rooms/units on the same side of the road as the offic...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is in a convenient location set back from the main hustle and bustle of Pigeon Forge. Nice pool area and liked the little seating area/picnic patios by the pool. We stayed in a one bedroom suite and accommodation a little dated in comparison to other resorts I have stayed at and we did not have a great outlook. However, plenty of room. Request a room with a view if you like one or upgrade to a larger suite. We looked out on the stairs/ gangway and parking lot and had no balcony to sit out on but there are some rooms with great views of the mountains, I believe. Concierge very friendly and efficient, booked us tickets for a show just a couple of hours before at a discounted rate. Would recommend for a weekend stay to visit the Smoky Mountains.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view if you want to see the mountains.
1 Thank hjane060
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

It is a well maintained resort. We stayed in a 2-bedroom unit with a full kitchen. It was very roomy. There are some activities here at the resort and lots of things to do nearby in Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg.

Stayed September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Resort at Governor's Crossing
Clarion Inn Willow River
Clarion Inn Willow River
#4 of 20 in Sevierville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pigeon Forge

Been to Wyndham Smoky Mountains? Share your experiences!