“Great Location, Beautiful Facility; Be prepared for issues!”

Wyndham Smoky Mountains
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We booked a 2 bedroom deluxe condo for our stay.
The room was gorgeous, clean, and well stocked. As a cloth diapering mom, I was quite stoked that the laundry room was stocked with Country Save (a cloth diaper safe detergent)!
The entire facility was well maintained, the staff was polite, and everything was clean.
We were quite please that the property is "secluded" but literally 5 minutes from all of the noise and attractions of Pigeon Forge.

We only have two negatives.
1) Ants around the dishwasher. We reported the ants and a maintenance member immediately came out and sprayed.

2) The disturbance from our upstairs neighbors and the lack of staff concern.
We had to call the front desk FIVE TIMES about the noisy neighbors above us (jumping so fiercely and frequently that our chandeliers were shaking and we couldn't hear our TV on full blast). The front desk supposedly gave them two courtesy calls and when they finally sent a staff member to "observe the noise," she told us to "deal with it ourselves." What's the point of having a concierge or security if guests are supposed to ask other guests to calm down?!

Room Tip: Units away from the Check-In have easier access. The private lot (Not Greenbrier or Check-In side...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank brittany m

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The property has the potential to be awesome and I suppose 15 years ago it was but now the buildings interior, furniture and linens is showing its age. For example, we had a clean but stained sheet in our master bedroom and it took house keeping 4 times to get us a sheet set that did not have some sort of stain. the women that helped us went back for new sheets 4 times!!!!
The noise from room to room is ridiculous. I could hear the television from the room on the left of us and the sounds of "love" from the room upstairs. Do yourself a favor and request the top floor.
The beds were the worst I have ever slept on anywhere. I compared it to sleeping on a hard wood floor. Horrible. Never ever experienced anything like it.
I could go on but the last thing on the negative list that I will mention is the relentless sales staff. I understand that this is a time share property and these folks have a job to do but the phone calls were excessive. When we finally gave in the woman I spoke with over the phone said that someone would be at our room with a welcome gift within 20-30 mins. I'm thinking ok fine we can hang around that long BUT when we closed in on an hour and no one showed or called I was ALL set with that. I felt it was rude and disrespectful to our vacation time. I did not answer the phone for the remainder of our stay.
The positives-Great location. Close to all area attractions. Outstanding views. Generally most of the staff was helpful and pleasant. The amenities were nice. Pools and comman areas were nicely maintained and clean.
In conclusion this Wyndham property was just OK. I loved the area but if I were to ever stay here again I would request a top floor room and check out the bed before unpacking because there is nothing worse than not having a good nights sleep on your vacation.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Alipul
Reviewed July 30, 2013

OK so this time we booked a 2 bedroom deluxe for five nights. We got a nice room right next to the miniature golf and pool. The room was on the second floor and was very clean. We made it plain that we wanted no more Wyndham points so they left us alone "for the most part". The phone did ring a few times which had to be them so I just unplugged the thing...easy enough. My only real complaint was the TERRIBLE water pressure in the showers. We went to Wal-Mart and bought a different shower head which made it much better so maybe think about bringing one of your own if this is an issue. Overall this was a much better stay and I feel confident in recommending the property. No place is perfect but it helps if you know the weak spots up front.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank keo1050
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is the first time we stayed at this resort. We've been to the Smoky Mts. the past 3yrs on vacation but had stayed at hotels. This definitely surpasses any Hotel. It is a very cozy, roomy, clean and comfortable place to stay. The Wife and Kids loved it. Our stay was almost perfect except for the front desk clerks at check in and check out. First at check in upon arrival, the lady attending to me was not very friendly and actually kind of rude. I was waiting to be checked in as a middle aged couple in front of me were being attended to by the same lady and she was very nice to them, but as soon as they left and I went to check in she looked at me and immediately thought I must have been at the wrong place because she started interrogating me with all kinds of questions, i.e.( Verify my address, How did I obtain this unit, etc., etc.) It made me feel very uncomfortable and upset, The rest of the workers were great, they were very nice and seemed to genuinely care about our stay there. Then came the check out worker, which this time was a male. When I went to check out he was busy talking on the phone and didn't even bother to ask how was our stay or even say "Thank you" when I turned in our keys. I thought that was very unprofessional of these two workers especially at a place like this. I will continue to go to the Smoky Mts. for vacation but I will think twice about staying at the Wyndham Resort next time. They need to hire more Professional workers who value their clients. Other than that we enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were very clean, lots of space and loved the decor. The location was awesome and very close to everything. The activities center were great! We liked that they had security at all times. We liked playing mini golf on site. We will definitely go back again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

This resort was awesome. It was clean, and we had a great view of the mountains. We could see the fireworks every night too from our balcony! We weren't a huge fan of the area directly surrounding it. Not the resorts fault , but traffic is unbearable , and Gatlinburg is a bit of a drive. The only complaint we had was the timeshare sales 'welcome' people who come to your room and try to 'help' you get the most out of your timeshare. We didn't want to deal with that on vacation. Overall, we enjoyed the room, the place, and we had a great time.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank wiitravelots
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We've stayed here 2 times and both experiences were wonderful. Great access to the sights of Pigeon Forge. Also a back road to Dollywood, only took about 5 minutes to get there, avoided a lot of traffic on the main road. Go carts, restaurants and shopping very close. We went for Spring Break and both the indoor and outdoor pool were open. We stayed in a 2 bedroom, very very spacious. Huge second bedroom with 2 full beds. Staff always accommodating to any of our needs. Overall, I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else when we visit Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family