“My kind of place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Sweet Lime Bar and Grille is not for everybody. This place is a combination biker bar, redneck joint, pool hall. Instaed of a usual "Please Wait To Be Seated" sign there is a "Please Seat Yourself" sign. I really enjoyed the music from the '70's, '80's and '90's. Someone even found some Disco on the Jukebox. Sorry. We had a ring side view of the pool tables and got to watch a couple of fair shooters fire off some interesting games. Service was excellent. Prompt, friendly, helpful. The food was really good. I had a Cuban sandwich and it was just right. Prices were reasonable for the quality of the food and I recommend the Sweet Lime if your looking for a friendly place to unwind and have a good meal. I don't recommen it for children.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Everyone was friendly, the portions were generous, the food was good and we received great service from Caleb & Wendy.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I seriously can not understand why this place doesn't have more reviews. I'm guessing it's because the crowd that generally frequents this place is not into review writing (definitely a younger crowd). And, the older people who are writing reviews are just a little too snooty for what this place is. Sweet Lime is, first and foremost, A BAR!!! If you're looking for people to sing and dance and roll out the red carpet when you walk in....you are seriously in the wrong place! The service is typical bar service. Friendly enough, and that's that! We have been here so many times, i can't even count them anymore. I have never been given any kind of "look" or been treated in an unwelcome manner.

So, onto my latest review. We just got back from lunch this afternoon. My husband's father is in town and after a day at Splash Country, we were starving and wanted to take him to our favorite lunch spot. The weather was nice enough to sit on the patio, so, we decided to eat there. Our service was fast. Our food was delicious, hot and fresh. My husband and I split the Open Face Double Burger Steak that is covered in gravy, green peppers and onions with a side of onion rings and a side salad. The lettuce was fresh and crisp, the tomatoes were ripe, perfect amount of cheese and croutons, too. My husband's father ordered the tacos....which is 3 tacos, your choice of steak, chicken or beef, and comes with chips, salsa and sour cream. The shells for his tacos were made fresh! I was impressed because i was certainly expecting to see the standard, store bought taco shell. Overall, we had a great lunch and we all left happy and full, for a very reasonable price.

Of course, we will be back.

1  Thank TnCountryLife
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This place is the worst place you could spend your hard earned money!!! Seriously go else where....the inside is a train wreck, very cheap looking and has a trashy bar feel to it! The staff....I mean, could they get any trasher or rude? This is place I will never set foot in again!! Not my kind of place! There's a big difference between a hole in the wall bar and just a flat out crap hole...seriously the type of people in there...(rude) just go somewhere else! I wish I could have given no stars!!! I am sorry but I don't like being given dirty looks the second I walk in the door!!!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Had lunch here on Monday June 17th. We ordered the chips and queso. The chips were
really fresh! We had wings and fries for our meal. The wings were pretty good the fries
were awful! No seasoning and no taste at all!