“Great Place, Great Price”
Review of Oak Tree Lodge

Oak Tree Lodge
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
North Augusta, South Carolina
“Great Place, Great Price”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This was a great place!! It was our first time staying in a hotel in Pigeon Forge in years. The hotel is directly across the street from the outlets. Great location to shops, restuarants, entertainment. Very nice hotel rooms. They were clean and updated with flat screen tv, log style beds. The shower was amazing for a hotel! They staff was very friendly. The pool with slide and kiddie area was perfect for the kids to play and the adults to relax, and it wasn't too crowded. The free continental breakfast was convienent. A little crowded though. I would definently stay here again! We went through Dollywood's website and booked the hotel and tickets to Dollywood for a great price. I highly recommend it!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Childersburg
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Just got back from a weekend get away to the Smokies & stayed at this hotel. I researched a lot of hotels before choosing this one for multiple reasons, which held up to the standards I was hoping for. The exterior of the hotel looks great & so does the interior. The rooms had been newly renovated when we stayed & fit in very well with the mountains, they were also very clean & neat. The staff was nice & helpful anytime we had a question. The only complaint I have about this hotel was that my son was looking forward to swimming but the pool was so dirty I would not let him get in. Overall this is a great hotel & I would definitely stay here again on future trips to the Smokies.

• Stayed June 2014
ivydale, wv
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We took a long weekend (June 13th thru 15th), to travel to pigeon forge, just to get away. I chose this hotel based on the reviews here, hoping that it would meet my expectations. It more than exceeded everything I had hoped. The staff was very helpful upon arrival, and gave me my choice of rooms that were available. When we entered the room, it smelled very good (clean smell, but not like chemical cleaners), The room was super clean, and the beds were soft, but comfortable (which means alot to a guy with a bad back). Bathroom was immaculate, even the balcony was clean. I am always leery of just walking around in my socks in a hotel room, because they always get dingy and black. To my surprise my socks were not dirty at all, after several hours of being in the room. The breakfast area, although small, was very clean also, and the attendant was very good about cleaning up and wiping down anything that was messy. The breakfast was very good, and had a nice selection. I found it a little more pleasant to sit outside on the patio of the breakfast area, while eating. The outdoor pool was a big hit with my kids, due to the water slide and various other activities available in the pool area. They have a pool attendant at the outdoor pool all the time, to keep an eye on things and keep the kids safe on the slide, which I thought was awesome. We spent very little time at the indoor pool, which was also very nice and clean. While writing this, I have tried my best to come up with something negative to say, but I really just can't seem to come up with anything. We really enjoyed our stay here, and look forward to returning whenever possible.

Room Tip: ask for a room toward the back, and up higher. the view is better, and there is less road noise bac...
1 Thank scrambler1
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Great Hotel but just a few hiccups …
Stayed here for three nights from June 12 to 15 with my wife and 5 year old daughter … here ya go.
The Good –
Location is great, right off the parkway and in close proximity to everything on the strip. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Very nice looking from the outside and well kept.

The room itself was very nice, clean and welcoming. We stayed in a king Jacuzzi room with a balcony overlooking the parkway and an awesome view of the breathtaking smokies! The room also features some (outdoor) type décor which really matches the location. Very cool!

The pool (my daughter’s favorite) was AWESOME! They have several water features and a nice water slide which was a blast. We found ourselves spending a lot of time outside splashing around.

The Not so Good -
Room was set up odd with the Jacuzzi / Shower in one room (sectioned off) and then a very (VERY) small bathroom in the main bedroom. When you went to the bathroom you had to kind of lean to the side to close the door. Having the shower and sink separated in two separate rooms was a pain.

The suite we stayed in had a main room with the bed and a separate room with a couch and Jacuzzi. Very spacious but the problem was the AC unit. It worked wonderful for the Jacuzzi / couch room but seemed to struggle in cooling the bedroom area. One unit for two rooms is not sufficient and resulted in a couple “warmer” nights.

The BAD -
The breakfast area was too EXTREMELY small, probably the smallest I’ve ever seen. And to top it off, the food was not that good. Some German tour group was there one morning and totally took the place over. The really need to consider something else. I am usually all about the free breakfast but I found myself on the second morning riding down to Krispy Kreme.

Check in time is at 3:00 and we didn’t arrive until after 5:00 but guess what …. Our room was still being cleaned when we arrived. The front desk gave us the key; we went up to the 3rd floor only to find maids still working. That was frustrating as we were so sleepy from a 6 hour drive.

Overall, this is a good hotel which I would stay at again. It’s not perfect and does have its quirks; however, the good outweighs the bad. If you are looking for a nice but not bank breaking hotel in the pigeon forge area, give this one a try.

2 Thank PastorBrandon81
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We have stayed at Oak Tree Lodge twice, and we visit to the Gatlinburg, TN area about 2-3 times a year. This past stay there the service was great and we had a good staty. This hotel is very clean and up to date. It is also very reasonable for pricing in the area and close to many attractions. We would recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Sarah C
Detroit, MI
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is a true gem! The rooms are clean and comfortable with a microwave and a refrigerator. We have stayed here 2 years now and can't wait to go back next year. We got discount coupons upon checking and used one for visiting the aquarium. The coupons give us a starting point for our fun! The staff are all so friendly and helpful. We have gotten great recommendations for restaurants where the local people eat. Breakfast is good. Pool is clean and kids love it! I could go on and on...

Room Tip: We LOVE our balcony overlooking the horses!
2 Thank momavc
Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stay often in the area, and this is our new favorite place. It was very clean, comfortable, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. My family enjoys the outdoors, so the cabin look was especially nice. The continental breakfast was great. The hostess there was very accommodating and very kind. The kids loved the pool, especially the slide. I felt much safer knowing there was a pool attendant on hand. The special package deal we received included various free tickets to area attractions. We enjoyed them all very much, plus it saved us money. After discovering this place a couple of months ago, we have already been three times. I'm recommending it to all our family and friends.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family