“Great stay at Oak Tree”
Review of Oak Tree Lodge

Oak Tree Lodge
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Every May I take my elderly Mother and my twin daughter, now 8, to The Oak Tree. We love to stay there. Yes, it is on a very busy stretch of highway, but we are sitting on out balcony enjoying watching the zipliners come past and the beautiful horses grazing, it is very relaxing. The rooms are nice and in date. House keeping does a pretty good job. The breakfast is free and always wonderful. We enjoy the out "fun" pool and the indoor pool later in the evening and for my Mom and I. We like the lower hotel tax rate in Sevierville. The Tanger Outlets are across the street which we visit every year, there are many good places to eat near the lodge and many activities within a few minutes. Great place to stay to enjoy your visit no matter what your age.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that face the pasture - beautiful
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Denise C
General M, General Manager at Oak Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and enjoying our amenities. We are proud to have the Zipling and Horseback riding right in our back yard. It entertains our guests and we provide a great savings to enjoy those attractions when staying with us. Show your room receipt and receive a BOGO deal!

There are newer reviews for Oak Tree Lodge

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Everyone was extremely friendly here. Great service; awesome breakfast. My kids really enjoyed the pool/waterpark. Room was very clean and spacious. Our balcony overlooked the pasture and we got to watch the horses, along with the people zip-lining. VERY pleased with our experience here. Wish we could have spent more time here!!

1  Thank SoccerMomVent
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was the most wonderful vacation ever. The staff and all the others there were very kind and made my stay more pleasant than ever. My spouse and I have been going to this area for 11 years on the 4th of July and this was the best stay ever. I would advise anyone to stay there and if you have children the fun has just begun . If for some reason you are not satisfied with something, they will fix any and all problems . I will return here next year!!!!!

1  Thank crystal d

Thank you for your review and staying with us. We strive to make everyone's stay one they will enjoy and want to visit the area again with us. We are looking forward to having you stay with us soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

There were not many features I liked at this hotel. The decor is new and so are the TVs, but we had ants after the first night and the toilet and sink are separate from the tub and shower. The tub was HUGE and the shower was nice. The hotel is right on the Parkway so traffic is really heavy and is also located next to zip lines and horse stables so the smell of horses did come and go. Loud residents into the night but is to be expected at a hotel of this caliber. The housekeeping women were all very professional and nice. The breakfast was standard hotel fair but my husband found hair in the sausage pan. The breakfast is served in a separate building which is fine, but there was a wedding reception the night before and the main hall was dirty and not set up for breakfast guests so there was very little room for the 75 or so people in for breakfast so we carried our food back to our room. Our room was partially divided but the a/c unit was in the side where the pullout couch was which resulted in our son freezing and my husband and I burning up in the main bed area. The rooms were small, but standard for hotels. Definitely not the worst stay, but you do get what you pay for.....

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

If you have little children, they will love the pool and slide, but my older teens didn't go near it. The free tickets were nice, but honestly we gave them away. The breakfast was ok. Housekeeping did not come 2 of our 4 days. They knocked on the door once and said they would come back, but never did. When you return to a dirty room with no towels, it is disappointing. Even more disappointing was the lack of wifi since I had an online class and we were looking at real estate on this trip. Fortunately, the Fairfield Inn next door let me sit in their breakfast area, use their wifi for 3 hours while I took my online class. If you are traveling with older kids or adults, I think the Fairfield would be a better choice. Much nicer accommodations and quieter.

• Stayed: July 2013

I want to Thank you for your review. Our WiFi has been upgraded to accommodate all the new devices. With our renovation we realized we needed to renovate our WiFi as well. Housekeeping is under a new training and we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We our proud of our property and know on your next stay you will see a difference.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I recently stayed here and what a different place it is from before! We stayed here a couple years ago and although it was nice then, it feels like this is a completely different place now. I was told they just remodeled all the rooms and they are under new management and you can really tell! The newly remodeled rooms look amazing, the staff is wonderful and very helpful and friendly, and the deal they have with the zipline behind them is great! The beds were very comfortable, the room was very clean, and the room was a great size for us. We will definitely be staying here again and I will recommend this place to all my friends!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have a concern that a once good hotel may be on it's way down. Several problems:
1) Several staff have not been showing up for several days, making clean up times on the rooms way late past the 3pm check-in time advertised. Several folks had to wait over an hour to get checked in. I consider myself lucky my room was ready.
2) Wireless internet had not been working. First description was that the recent storms had knocked it out. It actually has not been working for 2+ weeks.
3) New beds in hotel. My wife woke up extremely sore after 1st night. We had to cut our stay from 3 days to 1 due to the stiff beds.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple