“Marvelous place to stay”
Review of Oak Tree Lodge

Oak Tree Lodge
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
york, sc
“Marvelous place to stay”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was the most wonderful vacation ever. The staff and all the others there were very kind and made my stay more pleasant than ever. My spouse and I have been going to this area for 11 years on the 4th of July and this was the best stay ever. I would advise anyone to stay there and if you have children the fun has just begun . If for some reason you are not satisfied with something, they will fix any and all problems . I will return here next year!!!!!

1 Thank crystal d
General M, General Manager at Oak Tree Lodge, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your review and staying with us. We strive to make everyone's stay one they will enjoy and want to visit the area again with us. We are looking forward to having you stay with us soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed July 8, 2013

There were not many features I liked at this hotel. The decor is new and so are the TVs, but we had ants after the first night and the toilet and sink are separate from the tub and shower. The tub was HUGE and the shower was nice. The hotel is right on the Parkway so traffic is really heavy and is also located next to zip lines and horse stables so the smell of horses did come and go. Loud residents into the night but is to be expected at a hotel of this caliber. The housekeeping women were all very professional and nice. The breakfast was standard hotel fair but my husband found hair in the sausage pan. The breakfast is served in a separate building which is fine, but there was a wedding reception the night before and the main hall was dirty and not set up for breakfast guests so there was very little room for the 75 or so people in for breakfast so we carried our food back to our room. Our room was partially divided but the a/c unit was in the side where the pullout couch was which resulted in our son freezing and my husband and I burning up in the main bed area. The rooms were small, but standard for hotels. Definitely not the worst stay, but you do get what you pay for.....

Carriere, Mississippi
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

If you have little children, they will love the pool and slide, but my older teens didn't go near it. The free tickets were nice, but honestly we gave them away. The breakfast was ok. Housekeeping did not come 2 of our 4 days. They knocked on the door once and said they would come back, but never did. When you return to a dirty room with no towels, it is disappointing. Even more disappointing was the lack of wifi since I had an online class and we were looking at real estate on this trip. Fortunately, the Fairfield Inn next door let me sit in their breakfast area, use their wifi for 3 hours while I took my online class. If you are traveling with older kids or adults, I think the Fairfield would be a better choice. Much nicer accommodations and quieter.

• Stayed July 2013
I want to Thank you for your review. Our WiFi has been upgraded to accommodate all the new devices. With our renovation we realized we needed to renovate our WiFi as well. Housekeeping is under a new training and we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We our proud of our property and know on your next stay you will see a difference.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I recently stayed here and what a different place it is from before! We stayed here a couple years ago and although it was nice then, it feels like this is a completely different place now. I was told they just remodeled all the rooms and they are under new management and you can really tell! The newly remodeled rooms look amazing, the staff is wonderful and very helpful and friendly, and the deal they have with the zipline behind them is great! The beds were very comfortable, the room was very clean, and the room was a great size for us. We will definitely be staying here again and I will recommend this place to all my friends!

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have a concern that a once good hotel may be on it's way down. Several problems:
1) Several staff have not been showing up for several days, making clean up times on the rooms way late past the 3pm check-in time advertised. Several folks had to wait over an hour to get checked in. I consider myself lucky my room was ready.
2) Wireless internet had not been working. First description was that the recent storms had knocked it out. It actually has not been working for 2+ weeks.
3) New beds in hotel. My wife woke up extremely sore after 1st night. We had to cut our stay from 3 days to 1 due to the stiff beds.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SteveMills0320
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Well, first off, on the desription of the place on TripAdvisor it says its in Pigeon Forge. That is NOT true. Its in Sevierville. Right across from the outlet mall. Nice to be able to walk there from hotel. But wish we were walking distance from the Pigeon Forge strip. Traffic was terrible but there are a couple easy exits out of the hotel parking lot. Staff was polite and was helpful. Rooms appeared prety new. I understand they were all just redone. Although I don't think the outside matches the inside. Was very clean feeling. Pool area was great for the kids. Breakfast was across the parking lot in a diferent building. That was kind of annoying. The food was your normal hotel choices. Nothing exciting and new. I did find it shocking that there was no WI-FI. I thought they offered it but none of us could connect anywhere. Its 2013. Who doesn't offer it? With a family that is loaded with Ipads and smart phones it is a nice feature to have. Price was reasonable. Would probably stay here again. Hopefully the next time the wifi will work.

• Stayed June 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

This was a cute little inn with a great location, pool and pretty view. If you stay, I recommend a balcony that overlooks the adorable horses and zip lining in the rear of the hotel. Great morning breakfast with big selection. Adorable country / cabin decor in the rooms. Oh, and it's literally right across the street for Tanger Outlets. Central location. About a 20-25 drive to downtown Gatlinburg with traffic. Offers military discount. Got a great double bed room for under $100.

• Stayed June 2013