“terrible both customer service and rooms”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Sevierville / Kodak
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here over labor day. The hotel was full so we got stuck with a room with mold in the air conditioner. The first room we had the a/c didn't work and the microwave squawked every few minutes so they moved us down the hall to a room the a/c unit made an awful noise when it shut off. The room had a mildew smell the first morning we woke up to the floor being soaked. Spoke to front desk we will have maint look at it. The next morning the floor was still wet so we checked out. The clerk said it was cause they were full so they couldn't help us but they took my money...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathryn B
Marcedes L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sevierville / Kodak, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Hello Kathryn, Thank you for your feedback on our property. Our guest feedback is truly important to us, because it gives us the opportunity to improve and serve our guests better in the future. It is our goal to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us. I apologize that your expectations were not met during your stay at our property. I know you deserve clean and comfortable accommodations for you and your family. Thank you for reporting your issues so that we could address them, and I am glad to hear that my staff tried to addressed your issues quickly. Training our staff to provide excellent guest service and to maintain a very clean & maintained facility are always our highest priority. I do appreciate the time you took to help us improve on any of these areas. Please feel free to contact me directly next time you are in the area. I will personally take care of your every need to make sure we can improve your opinion of our hotel.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while on a travel tour on the way to NY & on the way back. I checked my bed for bed bugs & didn't visibly see any, however the next morning I had bites all over me. We stayed at this same hotel on the way back & the ladies that were in this same room saw the bugs & asked to be moved. It does have a great breakfast bar & the pool/spa area is nice. It is hard to get in & out of the hotel because of its location. On the return trip, the a/c in the room we were assigned didn't work. I called the front & the desk personel came up to relocate us to another room. THe a/c in this room didn't work either so we were moved again to another floor to a room with a working a/c. The young man was very apologetic & did his best to relocate us to a room with working air, Would I stay here again? Probably not if it were up to me to choose.

Room Tip: Always check your bed for bed bugs regardless of where you stay & not in just the crevices.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank msradwoman
Marcedes L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sevierville / Kodak, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Hello msradwoman, Thank you very much for your comments and feedback. Every guests feedback gives us an opportunity to serve you and all of our guests better. I truly apologize if you had a negative experience at our property. We strive to make every guest feel special and provide a clean and comfortable room during your stay. We do everything possible to prevent any pest issues on our property, including deep cleaning each room on a regular schedule. Although, every hotel is vulnerable to any pest issue, we take great strides to make sure that our guests do not encounter any of these issues. If you had experienced this issue, I wish you would have informed us during or after your stay in order for us to address it immediately and properly. However, we always appreciate any information that will protect and provide a safe and trusted hotel for all of our guests. I assure you, I will follow up on your issue to make sure that no other guest has an issue. We serve several hundred satisfied new and return guests. We certainly want to provide accommodations that all our guest trust and patronize. I invite you back to our property, so that we can provide the hotel experience that I know you deserve.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a fairly nice property that was converted to a La Quinta recently. They are pet friendly which is a plus for us. The room was comfortable, the a/c worked great, tv reception was good, and the room was clean.

This property is North of Sevierville so it is actually farther away from most of the attractions. However for us, this is fine being away from all of the crowds. We simply drove to Gatlinburg using the bypass around Pigeon Forge.

There are some decent restaurants nearby off of I-40 which were recommended by the front desk staff.

The breakfast each morning was a nice added feature of this hotel.
The only real issue was the bathroom. It looks like the ceiling had a leak above the bathtub. The paint and sheetrock was cracked and it had mold on it.

Overall we enjoyed our 3 night stay at this property and would return again.

Room Tip: We were facing the highway. Some travelers complained about the bright lights from the auto parts st...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Hello! Your feedback is most important to us. Thank you for taking the time to point out some of our unique features or our hotel, like our location, breakfast, pet friendly policy, and room amenities. We take pride in knowing that we can provide a great place to stay while you visit this area. And we know that you have many options to choose from, and you still choose us! Thank you for informing me on the bathroom ceiling. We will address that issue immediately. If you ever have any issues during your stay in the future, please don't hesitate to report it so we can make things right without delay. Your continued satisfaction and trust in La Quinta are our top priorities. We hope you will be staying with us again soon!
Have a Great Day!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Marcedes L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sevierville / Kodak, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Close by to I 40, this La Quinta is a bit worn, which is happily reflected in the price. All in all, a perfectly ok place to stay. It is handy to Interstate travelers, but also close to the gateway to the Great Smokey Mts. As usual, dogs and pets are welcomed and stay at no extra cost.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Marcedes L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sevierville / Kodak, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Your comments are most appreciated! Your continued satisfaction and trust in La Quinta are our top priorities. We hope you will be staying with us again soon. I would like to invite you to stay at our hotel in the future as we complete the remodel so that you can see first hand all of the improvements. Please contact me directly next time you are in the area and I will personally take care of your every need to make sure we can improve your opinion of our hotel even more!
Have a Outstanding Day!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was our second stay at a LaQuinta Inn & Suites. Our first just north Cincinnati was excellent and prompted us to try another LaQuinta. We also travel with a dog and it is hard to find pet friendly places. The LaQuinta Inns are very pet friendly. This hotel needs some work though. The decor inside is tired and dated. That being said, the bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean. The bathroom needed a little work--a few too many hairs around for my taste. We could have used a black out curtain in our room to block the glare of lights from the parking lot but the air conditioning worked well. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful though. I think with some redecorating and updates it would be a darn nice place to stay. We would probably give it a second chance.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kirvikathleen
Marcedes L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sevierville / Kodak, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Hello Kirvikathleen! I am so glad to hear your feedback about our property. I love to hear that you would like to give us a second chance, and I will give you a reason to come back and stay here when your back in the area! We are currently preparing this hotel for a complete remodel which should be taking place over the course of the next few months. Included in this are new carpet, new mattresses, new AC units, new furniture, and completely remodeled rooms and hallways. Also, we just repainted the whole exterior of the building & installed all new Flat Panel TVs. I am very excited for the upcoming changes and look forward to having a brand new hotel. I am truly sorry for the issues you had at our property but we do have lots of plans to make this hotel the best in the area! We will take your insight about our property to heart, work hard to improve those areas (especially with the new renovations), and continue to build on those things that we are doing successfully! Again, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We would love another opportunity to improve your opinion of our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.... Sincerely,

A La Quinta traveler