“Not what I had expected.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Sevierville / Kodak
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Mayfield, Kentucky
“Not what I had expected.”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here totally based on their reviews but am somewhat disappointed. Not that its a huge deal but in my LQ profile, I prefer downstairs rooms. I'm quite capable of staying on the upper floors but I stay 4 nights a week in hotels and its just a little lower on the hassle factor if I don't have to fight with stairs or elevators. When I checked in, the clerk didn't have my reservation pulled and said that I must have just made the reservation but I had my confirmation email from that morning. I was put on the 4th (top) floor and requested a good wifi room. The room I got was poor at best for wifi. Ended up going down to the breakfast room for better reception.
My room was adequate but not as clean as I would expect a LQ property. Several big stains on the carpet just inside the door and things like splatter stains on the bathroom door facing and a LOT of dust around the door facings. Blacked the bottom of the shower the next morning from walking on the carpet in bare feet. I'm not trashing this property, it was adequate for a nights stay but I'll go back to the Comfort Inn just off the exit 407. I can say that I've tried it and would stay again in a pinch.

• Stayed February 2013
Marcedes L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sevierville / Kodak, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
We truly appreciate your feedback; it is our goal to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us. We apologize that your experience was not what you expected from La Quinta and assure you that we are working hard to make this hotel better. Our hotel is recently under new ownership, and trust me when I say there are great things in the works for our property.
We are currently preparing this hotel for a complete remodel which should be taking place over the course of the next year. Included in this are new carpet, new mattresses, new AC units, new furniture, and completely remodeled rooms and hallways. Also, we just repainted the whole exterior of the building & installed all new Flat Panel TVs. I am very excited for the upcoming changes and look forward to having a brand new hotel. I am truly sorry for the issues you had at our property but we do have lots of plans to make this hotel the best in the area. If you ever have any issues during your stay in the future, please don't hesitate to report it so we can make things right immediately, and apologize for any inconvenience.
We will take your insight about our property to heart, work hard to improve those areas, and continue to build on those things that we are doing successfully! Your continued satisfaction and trust in La Quinta are our top priorities. We hope you will be staying with us again soon. I would like to invite you to stay at our hotel in the future as we complete the remodel so that you can see first hand all of the improvements. Please contact me directly next time you are in the area and I will personally take care of your every need to make sure we can improve your opinion of our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Atlanta
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this particular LaQuinta a few times on our way north and it's been great each time. Since we travel with our pets, it's a fantastic option as they are exceedingly pet friendly. The rooms are comfortable and the staff has always been very pleasant - I can't say much about the breakfast, though, as we generally get up and hit the highway to continue our journey. The entry is fantastic with a nice big fireplace to welcome you. The prices always seem reasonable - no complaints! We've never even bothered to book another hotel in the area as our stopover because we are so pleased with our experience with this one. Even the pets approve! We're big fans of LaQuinta because of their pet policy and when traveling with them, it's the first hotel we look for, no matter what city we are in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive comments and feedback! We believe that every guest is special, and that you deserve a positive experience every time you stay at La Quinta! Please let us know if you come back in the area, we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again!
Ottawa, Ohio
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We were very happy with this hotel, the staff is so friendly and helpful. Everyone there loves all the dogs that stay there. The rooms were very nice for their age and they are soon to be updated. The rooms were very clean and odor free considering that it is a pet friendly hotel. The pool is just wonderfully warm with a built in hot tub. We will stay at this hotel again on our next trip to Sevierville area. It's very conveniently located almost on top of the Smoky Mountain Knife Works.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was recently located to the Sevierville area and was in the city for an entire day in search of temporary accommodation; after a long and tiresome day of looking, I decided to stop into this hotel and was greeted by the friendliest and most helpful associate named Kelsey. Kelsey made me feel so welcome, her smile, positive attitude and sense of care and concern, left me no other recourse but to book my stay there. I am eagerly looking forward to my stay there.

Room Tip: Clean and friendly, convenient to the Wilderness water park
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Joseph G, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sevierville / Kodak, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! I will forward your compliments to Kelsey. We are looking equally forward to having you as our guest!
Southport, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed February 4, 2013

LaQuinta's are great especially for those traveling with a dog. They are so pet friendly while still be a clean and nicely decorated facility with amenities. The staff was also very helpful as we had car trouble and needed our vehicle towed to a local facility for repair work. The staff even let us check our late without an additional charge due to our lack of a car for an additional hour or so.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

So glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks for taking the time to give us a review! I will forward the compliments to our staff!