“Not a bad hotel to stay in...”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pigeon Forge - Sevierville
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Greensboro, NC
“Not a bad hotel to stay in...”
Reviewed May 27, 2009

We bought a vacation package through Wyndham and received 3 nights at one of their hotels. After looking at our choices, we decided to go with the Governor's Inn. The hotel is what we expected. The rooms are nice with the split floor plan but the bedding is outdated and the towels are tiny. We typically stay in the Marriott chain hotels so we knew this would be an adjustment. The pool was nice and heated. We didn't eat breakfast any of the mornings because there wasn't too much to choice from and personally, it didn't look appealing to me but there were lots of people eating each time. The hotel is in a good location - only about 10 - 15 minutes from Dollywood and right beside the Tanger Outlets. Overall, our experience was satisfactory.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Detroit, MI
Reviewed May 26, 2009

My husband and I just returned from a long Memorial Day weekend stay at the Governor's Inn. Normally the information available on hotel's website is a big part of my selection process but for this hotel is was extremely limited. After some of the reviews I read here, I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was. The staff was helpful and friendly, the breakfast room was large, our room was large and clean. We were on the first floor and we enjoyed sitting on our patio and the ease with which we could access our vehicle. I also appreciated that the hotel was set back off the main drag just a bit so we were not right in front of the road madness all of the time. The beds were not the most comfortable but then nothing is just like home. And yes, the breakfast is mostly carbs but it did tide us over until we could decide which of the great country restaurants to have breakfast at (a big part of our vacation :-). If you are coming to TN for a Wyndham Vacation presentation (as we did), you will find the office just across the street. I absolutely would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed April 23, 2009

The Governor's Inn is a mid level hotel. The room is divided with the 2 Qbeds in separate areas with bathroom between which makes a nice arrangement. Each bed area had it's own tv. Rooms are comfortable but not top of the line (wasn't PR'd as such). Rooms with a balcony makes the room lighter and appear larger. Provides a continental breakfast(toast, muffins, cereal, donuts, coffee and juice) and heated outdoor pool. Booked online and got a great $$ deal. Location is in Sevierville but just a short distance from the Pigeon Forge strip. Well worth what I paid for and will use the hotel again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Blacksburg VA
Reviewed April 21, 2009

We had a wonderful stay. Our views of the mountains were beautiful. The staff were very helpful in suggesting short cuts around town and places to try to eat. Room was very tidy. The breakfast was nice and the morning staff were very helpful in replacing items. There was a very large school group there. I would reccomend this hotel to friends and family. We are planning on returning in June.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
kingsport tn
Reviewed January 20, 2009

I always have a great time here. It is always so clean and very peaceful. The location is the best!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Paris, KY
Reviewed January 20, 2009

A very nice place to stay. The hotel was very clean and smelled fresh. Our room was large, very clean and the beds were comfortable. The hotel staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. We will stay at Govenors Inn every time we are in the Gatlinburg area.

Tuscaloosa, AL
Reviewed October 25, 2008

Check in was a breeze; staff was very helpful and friendly. Got to the room and loved the split floor plan! The room was very clean except for the musty smell that came from the A/C. Overall, the hotel did smell clean...no old smoke smell at all. I had the balcony door open most of the time so the A/C was no problem and after it ran for a while, it was o.k.

I had already read that the beds and pillows weren't the best, and they were right, but I didn't miss any sleep because of it. The pillows are thin, but there were four in the room, so that was solved.

The view from the balcony was o.k.-- I watched WalMart a good bit LOL! I asked upon check in if I could get another room that faced the back side and was told they didn't have anything but would have something Tuesday if I wanted to move. I appreciated the fact that they did offer to move me, but I was going home Wednesday, so I kept my room.

There are some things that should be updated beginning with the bedding. The shower had plenty of hot water, but they should replace the shower heads. The spreads, blankets and pillows do need replacement ASAP because they are just worn out! The other things that are necessary this day and time are microwaves in the rooms and for sure an iron! The coffee makers could use updating as well (mine was well worn), but the coffee provided was great! I had a small refrig, and it worked beautifully and was so quiet, I forgot it was there!

The free breakfast wasn't really good at all although I did leave a generous tip (the hostess was very kind and she did the best she could). The English muffins were so tough and stale, it was awful! The biscuits were from some other planet and the gravy was flour and black pepper. The tropical fruit cup was good and the milk machine was awesome!!

I didn't expect the Hilton because I wasn't at the Hilton, so I wasn't dissapointed. I would stay there again but I don't know about a recommendation. It's tough to guess how someone else would feel about a hotel room.

I'm particular about hotel rooms but I can say it was clean and housekeeping did a consistent job and kept it clean. How long do you stay in the room when you're at a place like Sevierville/Pigeon Forge? Most of my time was spent doing other things, not inspecting the place for flaws. I will say, too, that there were plenty of guests as the parking lots were full every night.

• Liked — Location, cleanliness, price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo