“Would not stay again”

Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Waldorf, Maryland
“Would not stay again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2008

This place is nothing more than a cheap motel. To be fair, upon arrival everything appeared clean but after staying I doubt very seriously that it was.

I would not recommend this place to ANYONE. The front desk personnel are very inattentive to say the least. It took more than 10 minutes for them to even acknowledge my family and I while more than 3 were up talking and standing around doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Rooms do not come with an iron. There are FIVE irons in the entire place to be signed out for no more than an hour at a time.

Housekeeping is a joke. They do nothing but bring additional towels. No cleaning what's so ever. The tub and sink area was dirty and bed linen as well. I had to have my room recleaned twice. I actually went and bought linen for the bed because I refused to sleep on what is provided. The pillows and mattress were very flat and uncomfortable.

If you dare to enter this place I recommend plenty of LYSOL but if I were you I would save myself the heartache!

DO NOT STAY HERE

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank Born2BWild80

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
The Real Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2008

I had no big problems here whatsoever. The staff here was courteous and friendly, even when I checked out late. None of the usual wall banging and loud vacuums from the cleaning staff, or nasty calls from the front desk, to hurry me along. (Yes, I'm always pushing the check-out deadline wherever I go). The room was spotless, and the split room plan would have been great for kids or companions, lots of space for everyone, with separate TV sets. The bed was comfortable and I loved sitting on the balcony in the evenings. Nothing here looked old or outdated. The continental breakfast was the same as most places, along with some local fresh biscuits and gravy. There are plenty of area breakfast restaurants for those who expect more. My only surprise was the lack of in-room wireless. I had to go to the lobby and dining room area to use my computer. This location is in a congested area, but I wasn't bothered by traffic noise at all. Lots of music shows, putt-putt, malls and shopping in this commercial area, good for grandparents with kids. If you like hiking or actually seeing the mountains, keep going. I was also a guest of Wyndham while staying at Governor's Inn, and that proved to be very disapointing unless you love views of malls and construction while on vacation. Not my idea of a resort, but that's another review :-)

• Liked — Clean and lots of room, easy parking
  • Disliked — No gripes except the lack of wi-fi in the room.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank 1970sGypsy
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2008

We booked on line and were very pleased with both the location and the hotel itself. In Pigeon forge location can be everything. Convienant to most shopping etc. One very nice suprise was a zoo located next door named the Rain forest. Discount tickets were at the front desk., the kids could see kangaroos from our balcony so you know we were headed there with or without a price break. Overall it is very nice and we will stay again!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank LionelTwain
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2008

We stayed here with the Wyndham vacation package, $99 for three nights when you do a time share presentation. I was reluctant to do it, but I tried it to save money. What I learned is that they stick everyone who is doing the time share presentation in this mediocre hotel and make it look like your getting a steal. That is really not the case. You may be saving a little money, but we were only in town for three nights and it wasn't worth wasting four hours in the middle of the day to go through the presentation. I would have rather stayed at one of the $40 a night hotels around Pigeon Forge. The hotel on the outside looks nice and the pool is nice, but the inside is just fair. The lobby and common areas look a bit outdated and run down. the rooms were not the cleanest either. It was nice having a balcony though. We left tips for the maids each day, but all they did was pull the sheets up on the bed and replace some towels and soap. They didn't vacuum or wipe down anything. This hotel may have been worth it if the package deal was better and the length of the stay was longer, but for the money, there is other places to stay.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank ephisig764
ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2008

I stayed at the governors inn on May 3rd and 4th. I made a reservation for a room with two beds. When I got to the hotel, I was surprised to find out that they had balcony rooms available and offered to upgrade me for FREE!! It was a very nice room, bigger than most and a wonderful view of the smoky mountains. The most important thing to me in a hotel room is cleanliness, and this hotel was really above my expectations. Not to mention that everyone was very helpful and friendly. I signed up for their free membership to get discounts when I stay and will be returning every time i visit.

• Liked — the clean rooms
  • Disliked — nothing.everything was great
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank fromohio1223
ckmclements
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2008

Like some of the other reviewers, we stayed here as part of a Wyndham timeshare promotion. It was a little early to worry about the swimming pool, and (once my husband went down and had a look at it) we opted out of the continental breakfast. Otherwise, we really had very few complaints. It's close to several restaurants and area attractions, and our room was extremely spacious and clean (with a completely unexpected balcony!) Check in and check out were quick and easy (especialy check out). One downside was the lack of internet access in the rooms. Wi-fi was available, but only in the lobby area. Also, the rooms were not equipped with irons, which was a bit of a surprise. Irons were, however, available for checkout at the front desk. Overall a good hotel experience.

• Liked — The balcony was pretty cool
  • Disliked — No irons in the rooms
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ckmclements
Dry Ridge, KY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2007

We stayed here on a promotion from Fairfield resorts. We loved the continental breakfast did not like the pool. If i would of had to pay to stay here i would pay about $70.00 in august. The rooms were amazing but i believe it is overpriced...

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — Price / Pool
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family