Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pigeon Forge - Sevierville
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Godscountry, TN
“Great Place”
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We stayed at the end of February. The hotel was great. It was a little slower so it was quiet and town wasn't busy. The room was clean and the two room design was great, very spacious. The staff was very courteous especially Tiffany. She was so sweet and helpful. She helped us decide on what shows to see and what to do.The breakfast was limited but very good. Over all I was pleased with the hotel. We will be back! I highly reccomend Governor's Inn

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
governorsinn_gm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pigeon Forge - Sevierville, responded to this review, May 13, 2011
Thank you for your comments! We appreciate your business and are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future. Thanks, Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Western NC
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Stayed here on 9/17/2010, Friday night during Rod Run. This hotel was very clean. Room, bathroom, stairwells, pool area, pool area bathroom, exercise room, Lobby and Breakfast room were spotless and odor free during our stay. We had problems with t.v. remote when we checked in..Called Front desk and female employee came up to fix but it needed batteries. She came back with several remotes, found one that worked, but 10 min after she left it stopped working also. I called Front desk again and male employee brought new batteries and reset remote.
Also love that their queen rooms have 2 t.v's.
Breakfast lady was very friendly and kept everything stocked(make your own waffles).
Gentleman at checkout was very friendly and helpful. Gave good recommendations about Zip Line that hotel was offering 1 free ticket to.
My son loved complimentary Lemonade in Lobby.
We have stayed or looked at majority of rooms in Pigeon Forge and Sevierville in the past 23 years. If cleanliness, comfort and friendly employees are what you want, stay here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Nashville
Reviewed September 16, 2010

This hotel is certainly not the Conrad Hilton but dollar for dollar you would be hard pressed to beat the value and location. Very accessible to all resturants and major roads.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future. Thanks, Management
tennessee
Reviewed August 20, 2010

I have stayed in this Hotel many many times and in fact will stay again but...check the beds. I always pull off the bedspread and check the sheets etc and when I did there were bed bugs. I was given another room and it was fine. This can happen at any hotel so always check your bed. If they are in one room does not mean they are in another one.It did totally freak me out cause I hate any type of bug even flies but since i have stayed here many times I felt sure they would take care of the problem.The rooms were very clean and the staff is excellent! I feel very safe here. The beds and pillows are not the greatest but I always travel with my own sheets,pillows, and blankets anyway. I think the breakfast is one of the best in Pigeon Forge. Mind you it's not a Hilton but in Pigeon Forge there are only 2 Hotels that I know of that would be considered in that group. I really hope the bug thing does not discourage you because like I said it can happen anywhere and my best advice is ALWAYS no matter where you stay check. I was in Nashville 2 days before this trip and I stayed at the Renaissance Nashville Hotel which runs about 250.00 a night and I check those beds too! Anyway I hope you have a great time in Pigeon forge and check out Cirque de Chine-it's a GREAT show and it is located right behind the hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
SmokyMountainResorts, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pigeon Forge - Sevierville, responded to this review, August 25, 2010
We are sorry that this guest had a disappointing stay. As the guest mentioned, she was immediately given another room. We then proceeded to call in a professional pest control company. They treated the room and checked the surrounding rooms including the floors above and below as a precautionary measure, but found no bed bugs. Again we wish to apologize to the guest and assure future guests that our hotel is routinely inspected, and if needed immediately treated.
Montevallo, Alabama
Reviewed August 10, 2010

The bad was the beds and pillows. The decor was outdated. The a/c was in the sitting room. But, we did not get too hot or too cold.
The good was the rooms were clean. We had a jacuzzi tub in the corner of our room and it was delightful. There was a big tv in the sitting room with the jacuzzi and a big tv in the room with the bed. A bathroom divided the 2 rooms. The bathroom was veryclean. The breakfast is pretty spectacular with cold, hard boiled eggs, biscuits and sausage gravy, donuts, toast, fruit, and even a make your own waffle station. Coffee and oj to drink. It was the best continental breakfast I have ever had.
We booked this hotel through Smokey Mountain Half-Priced Deals along with several other gift certificates and park passes. Everything was wonderful! Had a great trip and would recommend this to everyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Rainelle,WV
Reviewed August 5, 2010

just got back from a four day vacation at Pigeon Forge. Had booked this motel on hot deals.com and got a great deal... very pleased with the stay. staff extremely nice and helpful... breakfast i thought was great... with the waffle maker, biscuits and gravy, cereal and milk and juices.... couldn't get my wireless internet to work but not a big deal.. walked to the little shopping plaza in front of the motel and then Tanger Outlet is about 2 minutes away actually my husband dropped my daughter and me off there and he went to the car museum and we walked back to the room... had read several bad complaints but I don't have any... would stay again... hope this helps someone trying to make a decison as to stay or not...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank shopperwv
Tennessee
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I read several reviews before booking this hotel. I knew the location because I had actually stayed at a hotel behind this one. It was definately not what I expected. The location is just behind Tanger Outlets. It was fine for us. The staff was nice. The room is a split room design. You walk into one room with a bed and a TV. The bathroom is in the middle then the other bed.

The good:
There are two TV's and you have a little more privacy than a regular hotel room.
The bad:
There are no doors between the bathroom area and the other bedroom area. I door of some kind would have made it much nicer.
The AC/heat is in one room. So you have to make one room freezing and the other room is still hot. Bad design. A second unit of some kind would have been much better.
These beds are hard as a rock. They are the cheapest bottom of the line mattress. The pillows are the worst I have ever had in a hotel room. I kept trying to bend it in half to get a normal sized pillow. We even asked for extra pillows and it didn't help much.
There is a horrible smell out on the balcony. The first night we thought the wind may have been blowing and we were smelling some garbage. The second night we figured it out. There is a zoo right behind the bank of the swimming pool. The odor is animal feces smell. It was bad enough you didn't want to spend much time on the balcony. I know the hotel has no control over this....but it really stinks.

The pool is smaller pool, but nice and clean. The hot tub was clean. There was a game room, but we did not use it.

There was a breakfast. The food was okay. The waffles were good. The biscuits were cold. You had a choice of toast, biscuits and gravy, waffles and two kinds of cereal. Not much of a fruit choice.

Check in and out was easy. The front desk staff were nice and helpful.

I probably would not stay here again. There are much better places to stay in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family