“Don't Bother”

Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Nashville, Tennessee
“Don't Bother”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

For a Marriott property this was disappointing. Mattresses had lumps on them; AC unit was so loud and kept turning on and off it was impossible to sleep. Pool is very small-overall certainly not a hotel I recommend when there are so many choices in this town

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Fratman85

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Savannah, Tennessee
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My family and I were just in Pigeon Forge last week and spent 2 nights at this hotel. It was everything we expect from a Marriott property - great service, clean rooms, great price, comfy bed, etc. We were half-way home, a 6 hour drive, when I realized I had left some of my clothes in a drawer in our hotel room. I called the hotel immediately, and the lady at the front desk (unfortunately, I can't remember her name) said she would go check our room and call me back. Within minutes she returned my call and said my clothes were there. I assumed she would charge my credit card to ship them to my home, but she told me they would send them to me free of charge...and they did! A couple days later I had my clothes. We are Marriott rewards members, but I don't know if that had anything to do with it. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful our entire stay. We'll definitely stay at this hotel again if we're in the area!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We went to Pigeon Forge for a family reunion in June of 2013. Everyone stayed in cabins at Hidden Mtn. Resorts, but they had no handicap accessible cabins available therefore we booked 2 rooms at this property in early March. We explained that it was imperative that we had an accessible room for a family member that is a paraplegic. We were assured that it was booked that way and our email confirmation clearly states this. Upon check in, we were given a room that was NOT accessible. I went to the front desk and the very nice young man said he was very sorry, even though the confirmation stated this need explicitly, they would not be able to accommodate this. He was extremely nice and appoligetic, yet this didn't solve our problem. Our 2nd room, (booked for a caregiver), was entered only to find that it was already occupied. The bed was disheveled and laundry hanging all over the restroom area... After 9 calls, we did find a place. It was not convenient and not AT ALL what we are accustom to lodging in, but hey- it was 2 rooms that met our needs. I'm very disappointed in the Fairfield Inn & Suites... I would not ever book with them again. This is my very first negative review to write....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Marc C

Travelers are raving about these Sevierville hotels

Crossville
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I just wanted to send a quick note to the General Manager for having Lauren on your front desk team. She is an absolute ROCK STAR! Besides checking us in with lightening efficiency, she helped with several requests...one was freezing my cooler packs since I did not have a fridge in the room. Rarely do I send notes like this but I was very impressed with Lauren! Congratulations for recruiting and retaining her!! -David Maier, Executive Vice President, MasterCorp, Inc.

Room Tip: My room was very humid which is why I ranked sleep quality as average. It was on the first floor...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Always clean,quiet, & reliable. We go to Pigeon Forge about 2x a year, and this is where we always stay. We have never had a bad experience and will continue to return. The location is convenient to a number of sites in the area, too.

• Stayed May 2013
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is fresh! It was remodeled about two years ago, which has given it a very nice contemporary look and feel. Also, within the last week or so, they’ve introduced scrambled eggs and a few more hot items to their breakfast offering (more detail on that below).

PLEASE NOTE, though, that although many guests may EXPECT all rooms to come equipped with a MICROWAVE & FRIDGE, these rooms DO NOT – UNLESS you book the KING EXECUTIVE SUITE. However, IF THEY HAVE NOT all ALREADY BEEN REQUESTED, they will offer one of the fridges they have available for guests for medical reasons. They will have it in your room (cold & ready to use) before you even finish unpacking! It’s tucked nicely into a nook in the lavatory area. Very nice. They DO HAVE COFFEE MAKERS.

I’m a resident of the area and often enjoy weekenders because we are a tourist town, and I’m a restaurant manager which translates to “high-pressure”. For this cause I’ve long preferred Springhill Suites, never giving FFI a try, because I prefer Marriott’s higher tier hotels. However, when the price difference between these two hotels in this area is large (this time it was almost half as much as the SHS) I will DEFINITELY CHOOSE this one EVERY TIME!

Check in was a breeze. The front desk rep made sure to ask all the pertinent questions to get me to the room that would best serve our needs! They all seemed to be very proud of their hotel and every member of the staff that we encountered spoke to us in a tone of genuine friendship.

We had room 306 – a double queen with a balcony facing a nice view of the parkway, a field with horses, and another hotel and restaurant...plus a ZIP LINE! That was fun to watch!

The room was very clean and nicely appointed. The beds are softer than some hotels, but the pillow-top mattress seems to “envelope” you. VERY COZY! The bedding is rich, crisp, and the beds present and are made to impress! Very tight tucks! There are a lot of pillows of various thickness. Together, they provide a very nice rest for a weary head!

There’s a dresser below the LCD TV that houses a blanket if needed. There’s also a very nice sized desk and office chair. You’ll see in the pictures there’s also a chair by the window. The windows in these rooms are large, which is nice. The window covering is adequate for blocking out light or allowing as much light in as you’d like.

The WI-FI is easy to log onto, and ZIP-LINE FAST (according to my husband who owns his own computer sales/repair business). Also, there’s plenty of outlets throughout the room conveniently placed.

The lighting in this room is very nice, too. Nice ambient lamps. A light over the reading chair, a light by the full length mirror right outside the lavatory area, of course the lights between the beds.

I would suggest a BALCONY every time – especially if you have a full house – because it allows for more space and another place to relax if some are sleeping. There are two chairs and a table out there; and there’s a nice awning in place that would prevent (or certainly LIMIT in the case of a heavy storm) rain from coming in on guests enjoying an afternoon rain shower out there. The cost difference is amazingly minimal.

The bathroom is small but adequate, as it has only the bathtub and commode there. You will have to step in to shut the door. Right outside of the bathroom area is the lavatory area. It’s nice because it’s set in such a way that a person could dress there privately, away from the main area of the room. Directly behind the lavatory is an indented “closet” space with plenty of hangers and a shelf. The area has a good amount of space for one person to move around and dress. It’s nice to see hotels moving away from the “bed in a box” feel, having separate spaces.

The breakfast area is small, as many have noted and could fill up quickly; BUT...there are two lounging areas in which guests can eat. Also, many hotels will give you a tray to bring breakfast to your family upon request. All of this being said, I’ve not encountered a hotel with a perfect breakfast arrangement except for the larger ones, like Embassy Suites or Drury Inn and Suites that have the islands out in the middle allowing a two-side approach for guests and huge dining areas. So, if you’re an impatient person, hotel breakfasts in general might not be something you want to partake in, as it requires patience to allow other guests to get what they need from the bar area while you wait for your turn. The breakfast team (there were two of them) did AN OUTSTANDING JOB keeping everything fresh and full!!! Also, I heard several other guests complimenting the breakfast offerings! It was great. One thing the team did that impressed me (maybe others EXPECT it) was being SO QUICK TO LET GUESTS KNOW that they “had more coming in just a second” if they even began to lift a lid of something that was getting low or a guest had taken the last sausage patty, for example. It was great!

The breakfast menu (from what I remember): scrambled eggs, toast, English muffins, bagels, oatmeal, grits, yogurt, fruit, sausage, biscuits, gravy, milk, orange/apple juice, coffee, make-it-yourself waffles.

Also, there is a guest laundry.

As many have said, this location is actually at the edge of SEVIERVILLE next to Pigeon Forge, putting you FURTHER AWAY from GATLINBURG (Sevierville > Pigeon Forge > Gatlinburg); but, if you’re destination is more Gatlinburg intense, there’s a nice FFI there as well, although you will need to consider the cost difference. Please see my other review on that one or feel free to email me if you have questions on either one. I’m local so if I don’t know the answer I can quickly find out for you.

EXCELLENCE with ECONOMICAL! WIN:WIN!!

Room Tip: I would suggest a BALCONY every time – especially if you have a full house – because it allows for m...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Corbin, Kentucky
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge, Tn for the first time during spring break weekend. The property is located directly in front of the large outlet mall and is in a great location considering it is not in the hustle and bustle of downtown. The rooms are adequate and very clean. Our room was located on the first floor and conveniently close to the breakfast area which is fairly small but has a variety of good choices. The front desk associate was very nice and helpful and went out of her way to make sure all our needs was met. Even though our stay was short we enjoyed our time at this property and look forward to going back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family