“Great Southern BBQ”

Dakota Jack's Hawg Pit
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Great Southern BBQ”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This is the best BBQ in Wears Valley. The pulled pork is great but my favorite has got to be the chicken. Jack's wife makes great southern potato salad, baked beans,etc. You will not be hungry after you eat here. The servings are always generous.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank virgeo95

Texas
“BBQ!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

If you are looking for some BBQ, this place is the place to go. Pulled pork was tender and full of flavor. The ribs were pretty good too. Tater salad and beens? Awesome! My kids are a little picky about pork BBQ being from Texas(BBQ is beef here) but they loved it.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank UTfan71
Spring Hill, Tennessee
“Great View...”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I took our 4 year old son here for dinner. The view of the mountain is great! The ribs I had were cold. My wife and son said the pork sandwich was OK. The BBQ beans were good. The owner was really friendly.

Visited July 2013
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
“Dakota Jacks Hawg Pit”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was the best bar-b-que we have had in a long time. We ordered the special for 4 and had enough food for dinner plus two sandwiches for lunch the next day. There was a friendly atmosphere the moment we walked in. We ordered take out and even though we had to wait a few moments we were recognized as being there. Comfortable,roomy, friendly, reasonably priced and great food. This is a place I would visit again and recommend to many.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank 23Mer23
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best brisket and fried pecan pies!!!!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Dakota Jacks was close our cabin and being a lover of good bbq, I decided to give it a try based on previous reviews. The ribs have a great taste to them and they were tender. The brisket was the best I have ever had. The home made fried pecan pies are heavenly. We enjoyed the food so much I returned the next day and got more brisket and bought every pie his wife just made. I highly recommend giving it a try.

• Visited May 2013