“Burnt Pizza, Soggy Salad, Bad Service”

Big Daddy's Pizzeria
Ranked #11 of 190 Restaurants in Sevierville
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: Wood-Fired Brick Oven Pizza. Fresh Ingredients. Hand Crafted Dough. These three things lead to world class pizza.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were there about 1:30 on a weekday and they were not busy at all, about 1/4 of the restaurant was seated. It took our waitress about 10 minutes to get our drink order and we went ahead and ordered our food as well. The salads were soggy and sub par. The pizza was burnt on 1/2 of one side, the parts that were editable were good. Refills were almost impossible to get and/or you had to wait forever. We even had to beg for the check because we were ready to go after being there so long. I won't go back.

Kelly J, Owner at Big Daddy's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

I guess I should take comfort that at least you enjoyed one half of your pizza, but this review is such a disaster I can not. I can only assume your salads had too much dressing, hence the soggy comment. (We make them to order, so that is the only thing I can come up with). As for the half burnt pizza, we cook our pizza in a real wood burning oven, and time to time, one gets too close to the flame and gets burnt. IT should have been replaced immediately, and clearly this points to your biggest problem, your server. I can only apologize and tell you that I will be following up on this with my management team. Thanks

Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Our most recent visit started out a little off, but ended as a wonderful experience. Unfortunately our server became confused so we were overlooked (only a few minutes) when we were first seated. My wife mentioned this to the manager, so she was very apologetic and took our order. Over the course of our visit the server and manager came to apologize several times. The manager then brought us the larger size pizza for the same price as the smaller one we ordered. The manager later came back to insist we get a complimentary dessert. After getting the larger pizza and the free dessert, the manager came over with our bill and gave us a discount. As always the pizza was excellent. What made this visit so nice was to see that the restaurant cares about its customers and ensures quality service.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Never thought I would like this pizza. But I'm obsessed with the bar b q for u pizza. My fiance loves the carnivore pizza. We come a fee times a week to eat. Love our servers to death. This is a great place to eat.... Got to try this place.

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Too pricey for the amount of pizza. Spent 23.45 on 14 inch had to drink water because of the price the server Amanda came by and ask us if we wanted a refill we said please and we waited forever it seemed and she never came back .Finally when we were slurping the bottom of the glass we walked up to the counter and ask for our own refill. The pizza was lukewarm when we got it. It came out on a plastic black tray that was not even hot . We had to pay 2.99 extra for Italian sausage and it was just crumbles VERY lightly on the pizza. We just looked at each other like REALLY. It tasted ok it was as good as Pizza Hut but not even the size of their pizzas . It was a disgrace. First time visit and will be our last!!!

Kelly J, Owner at Big Daddy's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

I am sorry to read about this. Clearly you did not receive the service you should had. We were very busy this past weekend with the Car Show in town, and it seems some details fell through the cracks. I apologize.
As for the plastic tray we serve it on, it serves two main purposes. It is a specialized try with bumps on the bottom, which prevents the crust from getting soggy. Crispy crust is very important to us. Also, as the pizza comes out of a 550 degree oven, we have to have a pizza tray that can hold up to a hot hot hot pizza. So the bottom line is that we picked not a cheap option, but because it is actually the best for our pizza.
Thanks for the feedback.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Pizza was ok. Prices are high for the size of the pizza. But when our server says I'll be right back to fill your drink when you have a half a glass and Never returns and you have go go and ask 3 people for a refill we will NEVER be back.

Let me start by saying I am glad you enjoyed your pizza. I am however disappointed that your server never brought you a refill. We pride ourselves on great pizza and great service, and we definitely missed a beat with you. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.