“Made Our Trip to Tennessee!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Rib Shack - CLOSED

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Dyer
“Made Our Trip to Tennessee!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

We've been to Gatlinburg, TN, for over 25 years now, and as we get older, we really just enjoy hanging out in our chalet in the mountains away from the tourists and relaxing. The Rib Shack is about a 20-minute ride from our chalet in Riversong in Pittman, and it's a beautiful drive to the most delectable BBQ you've ever eaten. We ordered ribs, pulled pork, brisket, coleslaw and baked beans "to go" and chowed down when we got home. There is enough food for at least two more meals, although I have to admit that the coleslaw was so good that we ate it all! The owner, D.K., is so sweet, and so you know, he just takes cash and is only opened Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 11-6. After being to town and seeing all of the restaurants from which to choose, the Rib Shack really made our trip to Tennessee, as we ate true Tennessee barbecue made by a native who definitely knows his BBQ!! It's definitely worth the trip!!

• Visited September 2011

Ferndale, Michigan
“Best BBQ place in Gatlinburg/Sevierville hands down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2011

We heard about this BBQ joint from the locals about this restaurant. It was about a 20 minute scenic drive to the RIb Shack from Gatlinburg. Immediately getting out of the car you can smell the hickory smoke. It is also obvious that this place is not your Calhoun's conglomerate, it is a local owned establishment. The owner greeted us as we approached his stand and was very nice. He talked to us for a bit and was an honest, down to earth guy. Ordered a slab of ribs and a pound of pulled pork for just two people. I asked to buy a pound of boiled peanuts which I have never had before. He warned me before ordering them as most people do not like them (which I didn't). I thought this was a very nice gesture as he easily could have made a sale, but instead let me try his product.

Come here if you are looking for a damn good southern home cooked meal that is off of the beaten path. Don't come here if you are looking for a large menu or an applebees style experience.

• Visited March 2011
Carlisle, PA
“Wonderful surprise off the beaten path-best BBQ in Sevierville area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

We like to find local restaurants off the beaten tourist path. The Rib Shack was recommended by locals and we were not disappointed. In fact, we have eaten at a lot of BBQ places all over the South and this was one of the best ever. The Rib Dinner includes ribs and pulled pork plus 3 sides and was more than we could eat. The ribs were done PERFECTLY and flavor was wonderful. The pulled pork had been carefully cleaned - I found no fat in the meat at all. There are several BBQ sauces to add if desired. The sides were also excellent. The boiled peanuts are prepared with a salty taste and I only wish I had purchased more to take along. The Rib Shack is located only a few miles out into the countryside and is well worth the short drive. I rarely write reviews but this was such a pleasant surprise I thought it deserved another good review.

2 Thank 2Luv2explore