“Zip lining great, horseback riding not as great”

Adventure Park Ziplines
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience this beautiful, 70 nature park and discover why it has quickly turned into a favorite for visitors to the Great Smoky Mountains. Choose from our complete zip line tour that includes 6 lines ranging from 450 to 2,000 feet long or hit the mountain trails on one of our magnificent horses! Have a lot of fun on our new, 50 element ropes course as well! Call us today, you will find the phone numbers on our website below. We want to thank all of you for your great reviews and helping us quickly become one of the premiere attractions in the Smokies!
Paducah, Kentucky
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Zip lining great, horseback riding not as great”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My review is mixed...we got there at opening 9am to zip line first then horseback riding during spring break. Zip line was great. Check in was quick, the lady at the desk was friendly. Travis & James were our guides. They did a great job. Not as upbeat as the guides at Wears Valley zip lining which we had done 2 days prior but they were just fine. The lines at Adventure Park are much better than Wears Valley. Not nearly as scenic, but much longer and faster. I'm scared of everything...quite literally. I don't do things like this normally but zip lining is great fun & I'm glad I tackled that fear fast because I would do it again in a second. adventure Park has a 2 cable system so I felt very safe. 7 lines and 4 of them are pretty long. I felt like I got my money's worth.

Now on to horseback. Our combo package for 2 was for 9am. We zipped then thought we would ride soon after but it was a good hour wait. Not sure if they were holding us to fill out our group or if they were just that far behind but they were getting very busy very quick. The wait was annoying but not a deal breaker. I didn't fuss about it. We finally took off and I wasn't quite expecting quite a hilly trail. I'm not a rider but I'm not generally nervous around horses. We had a group of 7 with 1 guide. My horse was annoyed by the horse behind us and acted up from time to time. Which I could have handled fine if we were on a flat trail but we weren't. The horses were very slow & I'm sure our guide had done this a million times & knew there was nothing to be nervous about, but he never once came over to say it was normal, the horse would be fine, I was safe, the horse wouldn't ever bolt down a hill, etc. I made it known I was really nervous because the horses would walk on the edge of the trail and I felt like one misstep I would be down the hill with the horse. We were told before that they liked to walk on the edge so i expected it but still felt very uncomfortable mainly because my horse had been agitated off and in. Animals aren't always predictable so I don't assume a slow trail horse won't do something out of the ordinary. All the guide had to do was reassure me but he just stayed at the front, stopping periodically to let everyone catch up. If the guide had been more aware and just made me feel comfortable I could have enjoyed the hour ride. Needless to say, he did not get a tip. Travis and James did get a tip for the zip line tour.
Bottom line is I would go back for zip lining, probably not for horseback though it may be fine with a different guide. Or maybe a half hour ride versus a full hour. I was glad to be back when it was over. Go at opening during peak times because they seem to have difficulty organizing their walk ins with their reservations.
When we got back from riding there were a number of people having words with the folks at the desk because of the wait & the fact they had made reservations that didn't seem to be organized because things had fallen way behind at that point. Several we're quite angry...

Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome for familes/first-timers-Travis and Tyrone”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We called 3 days prior to schedule our zip lining for 11am on 4/2. Upon arrival, they were very organized and speedy with getting us checked in and to the barn to get our equipment on. We are a family of 4 with 2 kids ages 10 and 7. Being first timers we were all a bit nervous about what to expect. From the time we arrived to get our equipment on, our guides Travis and Tyrone were absolutely awesome. My 7 year old was very nervous but Travis made her feel so comfortable by riding with her on most of the lines. By the end, she did the last line alone! Both Travis and Tyrone were GREAT with our kids and very helpful throughout the entire time we were there. We were with a group of 13, and we all felt very safe from start to finish. My daughter is still talking about Travis and said she thinks everyone should request Travis and Tyrone as guides!

Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
“The best zip line”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our family loved it. The guides were outstanding. Definitely consider it. Our boys ages 8 and 15, really enjoyed their first zip line experience.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“poor customer service from the MANAGER”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I purchased a combo package with adventurepark / laserport for my 2 son's. I was not told that an adult would have to accompany my 14 yr old son on the ziplines. I am not able to do it, so they can not go. So, I inquired about swapping the 2 ziplines, for horsebackriding, which they also do our even additional go carting. They said no even after I explained the circumstances. I asked to speak to the manager about it. He wouldn't speak to me or even call me back. He had an employee call me to tell me no way, it's not their fault.

4 Thank jeffyeager
Detroit, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Zip Line”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Wow Tom and Chris were awesome! They made us all feel safe and comfortable. They didnt rush us at all. I cant believe that I did it! Chris even rode with me a couple of times... All to just ensure that I had an awesome time... And we all did!