“Terrible Service”

Mountain Cove Marina
Ranked #36 of 88 things to do in Sevierville
More attraction details
Owner description: Covered Boat Slips-Annual Lease Transit Boat Slips-Short Term Full Service Marina-Fuel, Pump-out, Shipstore Full Service Marine Service Department Canvas and Vinyl Work- Repair old/New Purchase Small Fiber Glass Repairs Pontoon Boat Sales- Crest Pontoon Boats Pontoon Boat Rentals-April-October Harbor Grill-Seasonal, Week-ends Full Hook-Up RV Park-72 sites
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I went to Mountain Cove to fill up my jet ski and boat with gas on a Thursday evening. The hours that were posted on the building stated that they did not close until 7pm. I arrived at 6:45pm and the store was already closed. I was about to spend well over $100 at this business. The owner opened the door (after we sat there for 10 minutes waiting on someone to help us) and said they closed early because she was hot and it was 90 degrees in there. (It was 70 outside) For someone who makes a living off a seasonal business, she needs better customer service.

5  Thank HaleyLynn12

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Excellent customer relations from everyone at marina. i dealt with mike on a issue with my boat and he was very knowledgable with it.then i had to go pay for my services it was then that i saw a bright ray of sunshine this lady named diane with a bright smile made my day

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Very nice little marina and grill. Good barbecue and entertainment. Love the outdoor seating.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I made a reservation a month in advance. I showed up the morning of the rental at 0845. The Marina was to open at 0900, and we were to be on the water at 0930.

0915 comes around and no one is to be found. Frusterated, I walked up to the repair shop and asked the mechanic about the marina. He said he would help me. He escorted me inside and there was a lady there who did not appear to be happy about something, wearing a "Mountain Cove" shirt. She then told me they were suppost to get some weather later in the day so it may not work out. She then told me the Marina would be open when someone got there.

So I waited till 0930, (departure time) when a black Camaro came flying through the parking lot. (while me and my son (6 yrs old) are standing there). A guy gets out dressed in all black i guess what he thinks is Goth or Punk, whatever, and walks down the dock towards the marina. We follow. (brother-in-law, son and I) The guy unlocks the marina door, then closes it and locks it behind him. Not one time acknowledging we were there. So, My son fed the fish while we waited a little longer (right outside the door). He came outside, walked by us, (no acknowledgement) finally I adressed him and told him why i was there. He said, "Oh yeah, My boss called and we are not renting you a boat today."

I asked why. He said because of the weather. ***Folks, It was a thirty percent chance of scattered showers, At the time of rental It was currently 80 degrees and sunny**** He said he would re-schedule. I asked for a deposit back and called Gator Point, who rented us a very nice boat for about the same price as Mountain Cove's crappy boats. And we enjoyed an awesome "storm free" day of swimming and picnicing on the water.

**real reason for the refusal, Lazy, and did not want to mess with the only reservation for the day** DO NOT RENT FROM THESE PEOPLE, THEY ARE RUDE AND NOT CUSTOMER ORIENTED!!!

9  Thank LawDog54
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I suggest working on your own boat. I had an honest complaint after my boat was repaired at the cost of $600 to basically rebuild carbs and to "pre-season". This was after they told me i would Need to take the carbs they took off somewhere else and have them fixed. Which I did to the tune of an additional $75. I told them Not to release the boat to anyone but the owner in order for me to approve the work. Instead they directly disobeyed my order and released it to my friend who was just trying to help but knows nothing about boats. My friend said boat sputtered on the way back to my dock and Problem was fixed by the owner. When I complained about their ethics instead of a simple apology or concern about the boat I was denied Service from their marina. Needless to say theyre Not hurting my feelings. -NavyVet

4  Thank chadezell75
Diane C, Owner at Mountain Cove Marina, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2014

We are sorry that you feel that you had a bad experience and were treated unfairly. We do our best to accommodate our customers so that they will be happy with the work we do. However there are times when we fail, I am sorry for that.

Thanks for your business and I am sorry.