“First stay with Club Wyndham”

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Great Smokies Lodge
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We were at the Great Smokies Lodge December 8th through the 12th. The 1 bedroom room was larger than I had expected. There was plenty of room to move around. The room was clean and modern. I can honestly say it was the best room that we have stayed in that doesn't have a beach view. This water park part of the review is based on the indoor water park since the outdoor amenities are not open in December. The water park is managed by Wilderness but Wyndham guests have access to the amenities. The water park was fun for my 2nd grader. He spent the entire day in the water park on his birthday which made him very happy. The enclosed (by zip in windows) outdoor pool had basketball hoops which easily entertained him for 3 hours. There is plenty to do in the water park for any child. We are thinking about going back next December.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Wyndham Vacation Resorts Great Smokies Lodge

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed in a two-bedroom condo. We were quiet comfortable here. Rooms very clean. Internet is a bit slow. Kitchen was well equipped. DVD/Radio/TV combo was awesome. Close to water park which is next door within walking distance. Staff was super nice. We arrived on Monday and things were quiet until Friday. On Friday, we could hear the people upstairs running back and forth, must have been a family with several kids that arrived on Friday. Quiet time is not until 11pm so we could not call security. Otherwise we enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: Request higher floors to avoid having to listen to people stomp around above you.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed over Thanksgiving in a two-bedroom suite. Rooms were well equipped, large and very clean! Staff was friendly and helpful as well as knowledgeable. Location is close to everything including the outlet center!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is my 2nd time here and we just love it. We had a 2br condo with all the amenities you could use. It was immaculate and very modern. My daughter loves the indoor water park and while I go to the craft shops she stays at the waterpark.

I would highly recommend this , even if you don't care about waterparks, it's just a nice play to stay. Forgot , there is a golf course which I didn't use but if you played golf it would be another reason to stay there.

1  Thank travelchick55
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The Wyndham great smokies lodge is a very nice hotel at the foot of the smokey mountains in Sevierville TN. We stayed in the 2 bedroom presidential suite and it was simply awesome !! The room was one of the nicest, (If not the nicest) rooms we've ever stayed in. All stainless appliances in the kitchen, a jacuzzi tub in the master bath, excellent view of the 5 star golf course !! If you are visiting the smokies area / Dollywood, this is a must stay. On top of everything else they have an awesome indoor and outdoor waterpark that's included in the price of the room.

Room Tip: Room 7502 was awesome with a great view to boot.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was a quick trip for fall break in October. We stayed in the Wyndham resort (owner) but didn't have the golf course view. In the evening the fire pit was lit and it is soooo peaceful and beautiful on the porch area. The fragrance in the lobby and halls of the resort were great! I began thinking someone was cooking ginger bread or something good:)
- The walk was short to the main building (may be too cold to do this in the winter months). The outside wave/lazy pool was cold but relaxing. The kids loved the wave/lazy pool and the slides. They were too small for the other rides.

**Only negative: I ordered a "frozen" drink at the bar. When it was given to me it had ice in it and it wasn't frozen. When I asked the bartender for another drink because the drink wasn't frozen, she said she couldn't exchange or refund the drink - WHAT?? You don't give me what I paid for and you won't exchange the drink. KEY NOTE TO THE RESORT: IF IT IS TOO HOT IN THE INSIDE POOL AREA TO MAKE FROZEN DRINKS, DON'T OFFER THEM:) After that, she advised me that she had a blender and could blend the ice and add. Too much drama for a drink that wasn't good at all.

The indoor pool was great also. I am not a big roller coaster ride, but I built up my nears to ride the canyon (not the storm chaser), but the kids rode them all. There was a little wait for the surf rider, but the girls waited. The kids and the adults had a blast. Did I mention I can't swim and I had a blast also.

We have taken our daughter to Nickelodeon previously and she is by far sold on the Wyndham resort now. I am sold because the resort rooms are so much nicer than Nickelodeon (great place, just rooms were not up to par for the price).

The best part of the trip was that we were taking 3 of the neighborhood kids since we only have 1 child and their parents decided to surprise them and come also. They were able to book a room in the resort as well. No rooms for me to use my points, but they were able to book separately. Everyone loved the resort and are waiting for me to plan the next neighborhood cul-de-sac trip!

Room Tip: Enjoyed building 7 since it was quiet. All rooms in this building were great! Just like being at h...
1  Thank Deborah H
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I am a Wyndham timeshare owner. The rooms were clean, big, and nice. This is what was expected and Wyndham delivered on this.

There were some issues that stood out.

1. Great surprise: I had told Wyndham that we were celebrating my son's birthday. They delivered a very nice surprise in the form of a piece of pottery from Polka Dot Pots (an onsite vendor). I will say this tipped my review from a 3-star to a 4-star review.

2. Unacceptably slow internet. Reminded me of the days of dial-up. Actually, 28.8 would have been better. If you're going here and need the internet, I'm sorry to say that you will need to book elsewhere.

3. Quit bugging me!! The phone rang at least twice per day. Yes, I was glad to get the last message (with a reminder of check-out time and things to do to check out). However, the other calls - ("hope your check-in was a great experience") - were a big annoyance. I go on VACATION to get away from being called constantly.

4. Pool towels cost $25 each?? Really?!?! - We were issued "pool cards". If we did not return all the pool cards or towels that we were issued, we would be charged $25 for each card or towel. Thankfully, we held on to all of ours and weren't charged. But, really? $25 because someone misplaces a card or towel? Seems exorbitant.

The water park was great. I love the wave pool.

Overall, it was a nice vacation experience. But, really, if it weren't for my son's birthday present, this would have been a 3-star review.

1  Thank JoshuaP1995
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Resort at Governor's Crossing
#3 of 20 in Sevierville
The Inn On The River
The Inn On The River
#2 of 92 in Pigeon Forge

Been to Wyndham Vacation Resorts Great Smokies Lodge? Share your experiences!