“Worst experience!”

Douglas Lakeview Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: At Douglas Lakeview you’ll experience the smoky Mountains like never before. It doesn’t matter if you’ve never been horseback riding or if you’re an experienced rider, our wonderful trail rides are for you – you’ll be amazed at the breathtaking mountain views, lush greenery and serene waters of douglas Lake. Douglas Lake View Stables offers trail riding through scenic Smoky Mountain tours from one to four hours; longer tours are available if you call ahead. Horseback riding in the smoky Mountains at Douglas Lake View Stables is fun for couples or the entire family! Check out our horseback rates, we always have specials and watch for even better deals we strive to make our services affordable for everyone. We offer group discounts and even large family discounts. Guaranteed Best and Lowest Price In the Smokys!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Worst experience!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I purchased this as a groupon this past weekend after reading the positive reviews. When we arrived there was a family trying to give us their groupons because they were not going to use them they said its not worth the time. Disregarding them we decided to check it out for ourselves. Big mistake. The place was disgusting. The animals looked starved the dogs have mange. We waited three hours in 90+ degree weather and never got a chance to ride. We were told there were not enough horses when we could clearly see 4 or 5 horses standing in the stable (keep in mind there was only two people in our group) save your time and money dont go to this run down poorly managed establishment.

5 Thank Angewan

Olive branch
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I enjoyed it!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I really enjoyed it. We rode with a family that was nervous and the leader was super friendly and patient. The ride had hills and pretty trees. It was well worth the money!

1 Thank Keriannjohnsey
indianapolis
“Amazing :)”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Everyone was nice . The owner was very nice and told is great stories . Tyler was awesome ! I rode Buttermilk and my friend rode Apple :) . they were very well trained horses . the trail was beautiful and he guided us every step of the way . but I would recommend you to wear jeans lol I wore sweat pants and man it hurt .. I can't wait to come back and do it again :) thanks guys !

Grand Haven, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ok value”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I was bummed out with our experience. Owner was nice and friendly, talked to us for a long time. We were told we would get an hr ride or more. We started around 12 20 and were back right before one. Not an hr.!!! Very young kid guided us, which made me a little nervous since none of my family is experienced. Guide was prob 14 or 15. Nice kid, but would have wanted older, more experienced guide. When we got to gate to start trail it was locked. Guide had to ditch his horse and ended up walking the whole way. We had to squeeze thru tiny space to get on trail due to gate issue. My horse was very stubborn, kept eating and going wrong way. Basically wad a very slow walk in big circle. Expected much more. But people were nice.

3 Thank autumn331
“Great experience for first time riders!”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Our guide Tyler was wonderful. Our two daughters(3 and 9) have never been on a horse before and Tyler walked the whole way with my youngest. They were so happy with the ride. Tyler made sure we got the pictures we wanted and that we were having a good time.

Visited June 2014