“Excellent trail ride for young kids!”

Douglas Lakeview Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: At Douglas Lakeview you’ll experience the smoky Mountains like never before. It doesn’t matter if you’ve never been horseback riding or if you’re an experienced rider, our wonderful trail rides are for you – you’ll be amazed at the breathtaking mountain views, lush greenery and serene waters of douglas Lake. Douglas Lake View Stables offers trail riding through scenic Smoky Mountain tours from one to four hours; longer tours are available if you call ahead. Horseback riding in the smoky Mountains at Douglas Lake View Stables is fun for couples or the entire family! Check out our horseback rates, we always have specials and watch for even better deals we strive to make our services affordable for everyone. We offer group discounts and even large family discounts. Guaranteed Best and Lowest Price In the Smokys!
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This trip was the first time our 11 year old had been on a horse by himself and the first time our four year old had ever ridden a horse. Josh was our guide and was super! He was very reassuring and continuously checking on is throughout the trip making sure everyone was good and having a good time. The kids had a blast and we will be going back with our two year old next!

All reviews
in 13 reviews
in 4 reviews
in 12 reviews

Reviewed April 10, 2014

My daughter loves horses and enjoys riding. She couldn't wait to take a trail ride again while we were in Pigeon Forge. (She had taken one in December at a different, and much better, facility in Pigeon Forge.) The Groupon stated 45-60 minutes ride but the ride was only 20 minutes. The group that were returning when we arrived also complained that their ride was really short. The guide, Brittany, kept telling them (my daughter and husband) that she wasn't really sure of what she was doing but she could get them around and back to the barn. My husband and daughter were both very disappointed with the short trail ride, the inexperienced guide, the run down facility and the lackluster view. We will not be a repeat customer at Douglas Lakeview Stables.

6  Thank KYAmysMom
Reviewed April 9, 2014

After reading all the negative reviews I decided not to make a reservation. Kristie's response made me rethink that and I did make a reservation. No it is not a luxury 5 star stable, it is what it is, a horse barn, no frills thus the reasonable price. The horse looked well maintained, the extra animals on the property were a special treat for this city gal i.e roosters, beautiful white ducks, sheep. The ride was simple, some up and down hills, rocks, mud, no real major scenery but it was a nice quiet ride. I rode with a group of 5. No problems with the horses they all were easy to ride. My daughter loved it and that was the most important to me.

1  Thank Kimmyindy
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We went with a group of 14. The staff was very accommodating! We were all "First-Timers" and they worked really hard to pair us with the best horses and make us feel comfortable... Even the children!

We had a GREAT time and would not only recommend this place to everyone but we're coming back!!!