“Go somewhere else!”

Douglas Lakeview Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: At Douglas Lakeview you’ll experience the smoky Mountains like never before. It doesn’t matter if you’ve never been horseback riding or if you’re an experienced rider, our wonderful trail rides are for you – you’ll be amazed at the breathtaking mountain views, lush greenery and serene waters of douglas Lake. Douglas Lake View Stables offers trail riding through scenic Smoky Mountain tours from one to four hours; longer tours are available if you call ahead. Horseback riding in the smoky Mountains at Douglas Lake View Stables is fun for couples or the entire family! Check out our horseback rates, we always have specials and watch for even better deals we strive to make our services affordable for everyone. We offer group discounts and even large family discounts. Guaranteed Best and Lowest Price In the Smokys!
Reviewed June 9, 2011

This place is a joke! First of all don't go expecting a cowboy hat because they were "out" of them. Instead we had to choose from a sombrero or a straw hat. Then for the picture you just sit on a bench, not on your horse. There was only only little place where you could see "Views up to 40 miles" when you crossed the road. The trail was unkept and muddy. The guide told us to force the horse to go thru the mud and don't let them go around. Then we just turned around and went back the same way! What a waste of money! Not a fun time at all!

4  Thank valandgabs

Reviewed March 23, 2011

First it was a nice drive to the stables. Everyone was friendly, even the dogs were lazy and friendly! They even had llamas, lol. We did the 1hr ride and I was impressed, we went up & down some pretty steep hills. The horses were healthy and I like the way the employees handled them. Patrick was our guide and he was terrific and laid back. Dress comfortable and wear jeans/pants that you don't mind getting a little dirty. We will definitely be coming back. Make sure you bring extra $$ for the guide's tip and for the cool cowboy hats. The only negative thing I can think of is the restroom, was not deodorized or very clean.

Reviewed March 23, 2011

I loved this place, I loved this place, i loved this place! it was just cool! it was very laid back...you just wanted to sit on the porch with a corn pipe and your cowboy hat and relax. Even the dogs were chillin out! :-) I'd never ridden a horse so i was a lil nervous and apprehensive but our guide PATRICK was so down to earth, my nerves when away immediately. If you've never been...i recommend you go & please as for Patrick!! He was very knowledgeable. OH! and spend the extra ten bucks for the cool cowboy hat! It's work it!!! ENJOY!!!

2  Thank 4tnphyne
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I loved my experience!!! If you all snooty and all about looks and smells then you're not ready to visit a stable. This place has character not to mention Ostriches, Llamas, chickens, doves, ducks, and truly amazingly lazy dogs!! They offer a free hat- I say pay the extra 10 bucks for the nicer hat!! Patrick the guide was great. He picked the horses that fits you. I think my horse picked me- Jack- he was great! Patrick wasn't snooty with us at all! In fact he showed concern- made sure everyone was in tight and even guided my friend who was nervous about her horse (Gabriel was in his own world!!). Everyone was friendly as well! I say stick to an hour....especially for a first timer! I enjoyed my experience and look forward to riding again! We went at 11am. So it maybe best to go in the morning. Oh and Patrick was patient with us too- I think we entertained him!!! He stopped and took pictures of us on our horses. Gave us a lil history of the area! I would recommend this place anytime!!

1  Thank dynomite72
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I went horseback riding here about a week ago and it was an amazing time.....Very nice guide and beautiful views of the mountains and the lake. I would highly highly recommend this as a place to visit if you are in the area and enjoy scenic views and a GREAT place for horseback riding!!!!!!