“Horrible Customer Service”

Gator Point Dock N Deli
More attraction details
Owner description: Gator Point Marina was started in 1986. The original family still owns the marina today. Year to year employees or leassees may change, but the management and family always care that you have a great time like the thousands of happy customers before you. We love that technology brings our business to you today but our sincere caring keeps generation after generation coming back. Come rent a boat, find out about area lake vacation rentals, eat an ice cream on our shaded dock or gas up your boat. And be sure to let us know, you saw us on Trip Advisor
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Horrible Customer Service”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Rented from them on our vacation down to the Smoky Mountains. Directions were subpar, boat was older but OK, the boat rental manager was their to run us through the boat and sent us on our way. $180 for the full day, reasonable price.....but wait, you better read the contract as it states you are paying for gas and oil when you return......They charge over $5 for gas (14 gallons we ran in 6 hours) and the oil they charged $17 for. So add an extra $92 bucks....I was ready to leave and walking out and they said you still owe for gas and oil, I informed them no one ever told me that and then did they start to get nasty. Enough so that I told them I was going to blast them on trip advisor and his reply to me was he would have his lawyer sue me for slander.....really. So I have decided not to say anything bad about this company for fear of a lawsuit. It gets more and more comical on their reaction to my being upset about not being informed about the hidden charges. I could even pay and get them to run my credit card without them continuing to snap at me. I paid, they won, why continue to act that way....take my money and let me leave. The son was a decent guy, his parents had no respect and were very quick to anger. I would rent elsewhere.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Bob H

sevierville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Iron Curtain Cheeseburger”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Great cheeseburgers,,great folks,great times,,im on the lake several times a year,,with my family and friends,,nearly everytime im on the lake im at Gator Point.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank joejonesdallastx
Toronto
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“awesome time”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Me and my faimly rented a pontoon boat from gator point had a great time swimming and boating
the people were so nice the boat was really nice cant wait to go back

Visited August 2012
Augusta, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great People”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Great People!!

We actually had made reservations elsewhere (Mountain Cove) and they refused to rent us a boat because of "weather". It was a thirty percent chance of showers for the day, at the current time it was sunny and eighty degrees outside.

We called Gator Point and they invited us out to rent a boat. Im glad we did. The boat was ten times nicer than the one we would have rented at Mountain Cove. We swam and fished. Had a picnic on the boat. It was wonderful. ( my brother in law forgot the bread for sandwiches, the deli sold us a loaf.. Like i said, great people)

My son also hand fed some giant carp that hung out around the docks. Go here, its great and you wont be disapointed.

Visited June 2012