“Good Basic Food In Tourist Area”

Tony Gore's Smoky Mountain BBQ & Grill
Ranked #33 of 191 Restaurants in Sevierville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We have been driving past Tony Gores every time we go to Gatlinburg and the parking lot is always full. We decided to stop this past trip. The place was packed on a Sunday afternoon. There was not enough help so the service was slow but that was not a problem. We were told that they did not plan of being so crowded until April when more staff would be brought in. They were out of brisket so I ordered a half slab of baby back ribs with cole slaw and beans. My wife had the fried catfish. Both were very good and there was plenty of food. You really need to try the teriyaki bbq sauce which is the darkest bottle on the table. It was fantastic. We will be back. The food was worth the wait. They serve no alcohol.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

When we were at Tony Gore's BBQ on Monday, the smoker was piping hot and a gentleman was out in the drizzle, smoking a variety of meats (unlike other BBQ joints in town that have fake smokers, LOL). We were there right after they opened at 11am. Staff was very personable. All items are homemade down to the dipping sauces and breadings on fried items. We ordered WAY too many appetizers for our party size, they are HUGE! The chips and loaded chips with BBQ ranch dipping sauce were wonderful and could easily serve 4-6 people. We also got a HUGE plate of fried mushrooms (enough for 3 or 4 people). The half rack of St. Louis ribs were some of the best my husband has eaten anywhere. You can literally slide the bones out and eat them with a fork!!! There are 5 different sauces on the table to choose from for your meat. I had the pulled pork plate which comes with 2 sides. The corn nuggets are wonderful (like fried cream corn) and the baked beans are very tasty. Definitely not "out of the can". Did I mention the "slab" of mile high cake? Oh my. Trust me. Don't miss this place! Reasonable prices, very unassuming considering the neon glitz of the strip. *Note-since it is all homemade, to order, this was not a quickie meal. Go when you have time to sit talk and enjoy.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

If you like Pork, this is the place! Fair prices, good "Q". Staff is happy and helpful. Would come here again.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

On a recent trip to the Smoky Mountains, we decided to visit Tony Gore's Smoky Mountain Barbeque Restaurant. The restaurant is not fancy...regular barbeque place but the food is absolutely delicious. My husband and I both had the handcut smoked rib eye steak, with baked potato and tossed salad. The steak was one of the best we have ever eaten!!!

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

The pie was the saving grace. The BBq brisket was average and reheated. The Cole slaw appears to come from a tub. The beans were a little too sweet for me but they were good. The homemade peanut butter pie saved the meal, even with its runny candy on top.