“Incredibly shrinking chicken...”

Ranked #104 of 186 Restaurants in Sevierville
Cuisines: Fast Food
“Incredibly shrinking chicken...”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We've eaten at this Popeye's location umpteen times, and it seems like it gets worse every time... the restaurant itself is clean and nice (mainly because it's still new), the people who work there are always nice, but it's the FOOD and the SERVICE... that's the PROBLEM!!

First off, the chicken pieces seem to get smaller and smaller... see attached photo of one chicken wing section with two drumsticks below it -- no, those aren't wing drums, those are regular drumsticks! And they're no bigger than the wing drumstick... notice the quarter for perspective. We ordered the 9-piece special, and to put it more in perspective, the first few times we ordered it, the box was bulging -- one time they even gave us a second box because it wouldn't all fit. THIS TIME, there was still room in the box... the nine pieces were moving around in there... I'd say at least 50% less chicken than expected.

Next, they can NEVER get our order right -- and I'm TIRED of calling to complain... we live 15 miles away, I'm not driving back so you can fix it! THIS TIME, we told them no wings -- the girl reiterated no wings, suggesting 2 drumsticks and a thigh instead -- but when I got home, there they were... 3 WINGS!! Last time, same thing -- I should've known better and I should've checked, but WHY should I have to?? They should get it right, I'm paying enough for it. Another time, they gave us EXTRA WINGS -- 6 in a 9 piece -- and I called, they offered to fix it, but again, I'm not driving all the way back -- 15 miles -- for a few pieces of chicken.

THEY NEED TO JUST GET IT RIGHT. Not for us, because after 10 years of enjoying Popeye's, this location has ruined it for us. We're going "back" to KFC -- it may not be as good, but they get it right.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank Mediarazzi

Waterloo
“Awesome Food with Awesome staff!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Very nice! Actually have employees eager to wait on you. Walked in door was greeted right away w/ a "Welcome to Popeyes". While trying to decide what to order one of the ladies asked me if I eaten there before and if I haven't then I'm in for a real treat. Usually you have ppl that act like they don't want to be there much less wanting to wait on you. I love spicy food and this was the perfect place. I got the Bonafide(think that's right) chicken & shrimp combo w/ mashed pototoes/spicy gravy. OMGOSH!! DELISH!! The restaurant, everything sparkled. Very clean. As we were enjoying our meal I notice that the cashier (Jessica) was just as joyful to each customer as she was with us. We had the pleasure of having the manager (Sunday) beside Jessica as we ordered. She gave us suggestions and let us know if we couldn't eat spicy we could order it mild. I also notice that the lady (Joi) at the drive thru was just as polite and joyful to the drive thru customers. I did see one guy in the back. He was busy making sure we got our food hot. Good job in hiring!! The owner of this Popeyes very fortunate to have a staff that cares w/ mouth watering good food! I believe price wise it's a very good value compared with other fast foods. WISH WE HAD ONE IN GREENWOOD, SC. (HINT HINT)

• Visited October 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Want some heat in your meat?”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Don't stop here if you don't like a little spice in your food. It's not crazy hot, but does have some bite. They serve good, hot (spice and temperature) chicken and "Cajun" fixin's at a reasonable price, and are located so you can hit them before or after your visits to nearby Pigeon Forge & Gatlinburg. Good value for the $$

PS: Popeye's, will you please bring back your chicken and sausage jambalaya, that one was my fave...

Visited September 2012
Sevierville, Tennessee
“The only place for Fried Chicken”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Yeah you're in the south, and yeah everyone should have great fried chicken, right? Wrong. The best fried chicken you'll get in Sevierville is at Popeye's, hands down. There's usually some kind of deal going on -- 10 for 12, 12 for 10, whatever. Get a gallon of sweet tea, a box of Popeye's and hit the park for a great picnic. Great service, food is always great -- if not, tell them and they'll make it good with a smile.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Mediarazzi
“Buggy”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Actually had a giant mosquito in my mashed potatoes. Never again...

Visited May 2012