“Nice store but am beginning to learn a lesson.”

Moonshine Ridge Country Store & Cafe
Ranked #6 of 47 Shopping in Sevierville
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband pulled into the lot for a short stop after a long hot day at Cades Cove. The store was inviting and cool after being outside in the heat most of the day. We were hungry and decided to take advantage of several of the food samples available. I am familiar with the product line and had purchased some of the items at an Amish store in Branson Missouri so I didn't think the prices were too bad. After deciding to purchase one jar of okra, on a whim I thought $12.99 for a pound of fudge isn't too bad, they offered a 1/4 lb free. After sampling a few different kinds I decided upon my old standby of maple nut and chose the moonshine as my freebie. The person behind the counter was right on for my one pound 1.03, commented on this. When my free selection was cut I was up to 1.34 pounds, doesn't sound like much but obviously was charged for the overage on the whole price of the "free fudge". (Counter person cut 4 slices and each were an almost perfect 1/4 pound, so why so off on the free piece). I know $1 doesn't sound like much but if they do this to everyone, hum figure that amount and it sounds like several have bought fudge there. I only bring this up because I went to Calabash Christmas Shop in NC and I received half pound free only to find out when I got home it only amounted to a third pound. I'm beginning to learn ya get what you pay for so if they say free don't believe it because your really paying for it somehow.

2  Thank April B

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was our first stop on our recent trip to Pigeon Forge. We could not WAIT to come back and get some of the BEST FUDGE IN THE SMOKIES! We were not disappointed. We got peanut butter, chocolate, maple nut (OMG-GOOD), orange and vanilla swirl, and chocolate peanut butter swirl. It was so good and it is SO fresh. I am telling everybody, you need to go here for fudge and candy. You will not be sorry. (Free samples of fudge, too! Try before you buy!)

They have nice gifts (not tacky) and also tons of canned food that you can sample. My mom bought chow chow and pickled okra.

There is a cafe on site (we did not eat there, but it smelled good).

Also, ask for some fish food when you check out....they gave us some for my kids to feed the koi. :)

The flowers out front were so pretty. Last time we went it was December. :)

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Holy cow! You could make a meal out of all the samples they had out. So delicious! You will want to buy it all but I controlled myself because I had to fly back home.

This is so worth the trip!

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Cute little store and yummy fudge defiantly worth the stop and take some good homemade fudge home with you!!!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Beautiful, from the picture perfect landscaping to the mountains as the back drop...You feel a part of an age from ong ago, Koi in the water, flowers in abundance...And that was just outside! The decor is great from the electic moonshiner laying on alimb over your head to books, and pictures, and candy (moonshine taffey). We all just wanted to stay and linger...Maybe I will suggest tables with checkers outside...