“A great little stop off point”
Review of Moonshine Ridge Cafe - CLOSED

Moonshine Ridge Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stopped here when travelling through from Townsend to Pigeon Forge. Very friendly staff and delicious food. We both had the pulled pork sandwhich, and they were huge and very tasty. Good value and would return

There are newer reviews for Moonshine Ridge Cafe

Reviewed August 20, 2012

A very nice little cafe located a few miles outside of Pigeon Forge. Well worth the trip as the food is very good and the atmosphere and service were top notch. There is a country store connected to the cafe which has a wide selection of goods. The store is also staffed by very friendly and helpful folks. Very scenic location to enjoy your meal. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stopped at Moonshine Ridge Cafe after taking a drive thru Cade's Cove. The restaurant is in front of a large gift shop with plenty of indoor and outdoor seating. The menu was basic sandwiches & sides, however everything we had a was delicious and made with top ingredients. Very glad we stopped here on the way to Pigeon Forge, as most of the restaurants there can be had at home. The pulled pork was our favorite item we tried, along with the mac & cheese and potato wedge fries.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

A couple of years ago, we found Moohshine Ridge on the road weaving through Wear's Valley, TN. It's a neat little store, but they also have a cafe attached to it that serves everything from local specialty hamburgers, pulled pork BBQ, to Ruben sandwiches. Various sides are offered as well to go with the sandwiches. My wife and I made a point of going by the cafe whenever we could to eat the Ruben.

The store and cafe both closed down about a year ago due to management/owner issues. We went by several times over the year to see if they had reopened, and sadly they had not. This past June, we were very pleased to find that the owner had reopened just in time for the Summer season, so we were able to make it by today.

The people who ran this cafe have changed from before, but a couple (Marvin and Pat if I remember right) are now running the cafe side of the operation. I was concerned that the food wouldn't be as good as before since the staff had changed, however this was not the case.

We once again ordered our favorite Ruben sandwich to see if it was still so good. I have to say that Marvin and Pat have their game on here. This sandwich was at the same level, and one of the best that I have ever eaten.

We talked with Marvin as he was coming back from the smoker where he was working the BBQ, and told him how pleased we were that they are open again and complemented him on the sandwich. After talking pulled BBQ for a few minutes, he offered us a sample of his work. I smoke Boston Butt pork roasts at home myself, and I'll say that his BBQ is some of the best I have had in a restaurant. It's obvious tha Marvin takes the time to cook his "low and slow" as it should be done. Other reviews have said that the pulled pork BBQ was "best ever", and they are on the mark with their reviews. It will be hard to choose what to eat next time we stop. Even though I can have good pulled BBQ at home, it will be hard to say no to Marvin's BBQ next time we are in the area.

The cafe is pretty small inside, but it is spotless and nicely decorated. You can eat inside the cafe or outside on the deck. Both are great, and you can't beat sitting outside while in the mountains. Bathrooms are spotless as well. If the bathrooms are clean, you know the kitchen is as well.

Prices are on par with about anywhere else you will eat. A sandwich will be in the 7-8 dollar range, but it is a LOT of food. The Ruben we ate was big, and we actually split it between us. With a side of delicious mac and cheese, it was plenty of food for the both of us.

This place is a bit out of the way unless you are in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area already, but it is worth the trip if you are. They close for the season between late December and April.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Definitely add this great little spot to your itinerary. Gorgeous setting with beautiful gardens and a nice store, plus some awesome casual dining at fair prices. I've enjoyed lots of BBQ over the years all over the country and even smoke my own pork, and Moonshine Ridge beats them all easily. I can't believe how good it is! Service is first-rate, too.