“A nice way to wrap up your stay in Pigeon Forge!”
Review of River Romp

River Romp
Ranked #21 of 86 things to do in Sevierville
Madison, Indiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A nice way to wrap up your stay in Pigeon Forge!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

There are at least a half dozen tubing places in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg Area but I was glad we chose River Romp! Most other tubing places looked terribly overcrowded as you drove by while River Romp is a little off from the main "drags" through the area. The staff was super friendly and had a great sense of humor. We arrived a little late in the day so only had time to float down the river once before close but it was very relaxing and scenic. Our two children (ages 9 and 12) really enjoyed it. The youngest often would hop off the tube in shallow parts and look at the little fish swimming by. There were a few small "rapids" that bounced the tube around a bit and were good for a laugh.

The shop offers lots of items in case you forget anything. They have changing areas but no indoor bathroom facility, just a porta pot, though that's better than nothing... You can rent floating coolers and request to have your tubes tied together in twos if you are trying to keep a family from floating too far apart or keep a group of friends together around a cooler.

We will definitely choose River Romp for any future tubing adventures! Make sure to start early enough to float down the river more than once!

Visited July 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An okay day”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The day I went there hadn't been much rain and it seemed to take forever to make it down the river, literally hours. However, I would love to try it again when there has been rain, I bet it's lots of fun then. The first hour was enjoyable but after that it became too long. The staff was absolutely wonderful. I would do this again, despite the long day, but only after some rain.

Visited June 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best tubing in the area.”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We found this place two years ago, after going to two other places. This year it's the only place we went, and we went four times in six days.If you enjoy screaming kids and people banging into you this is not the place for you.If you enjoy a relaxing float down the river you won't find a better place than here.The owners are very knowledgeable and friendly, and give you a true assessment of the river conditions. If you're a newbie, I would suggest calling and asking what you should bring and how to be prepared. We will definitely be back.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Summer Fun!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was a first for me and my family, and it won't be a last! We had such a good time! it was just us out in nature and it was great. A very relaxing setting. They even have a tree swing to jump in the river! The staff was excellent and very prompt in picking us up after our river adventure. If you are looknig for a good time and a place to relax, this is a must!

Cape Carteret, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Probably fun for others but not for younger children”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I'd never been tubing down a river so I was not prepared. I was so cold! It was very deep in places and the current was strong in places. You need good water shoes, a rope to keep a younger child close by. Our youngest could not reach the water to paddle or steer and was swept past us out of view and then later past the exit point. Good thing my husband is strong swimmer and was able to swim to him and drag them back against the current. The water at the exit was very deep - you need to get off as close to shore as possible. I got pretty scraped up and bruised after getting flipped over in one of the rapids. There were snakes and spiders. There were a few relaxing moments but for me it was mostly stressful. If I had know what I was getting into I would have been prepared with a first aid kit, a cell phone and a rope to tie my kids to my float. Perhaps the river was moving faster than normal. I have no idea what happens if you miss the exit and float down river... Once you are in you have to make it to the exit to get off the "ride".

5 Thank Danielle P