“My family and I had a blast”
Review of Wahoo Ziplines

Wahoo Ziplines
Ranked #8 of 20 Tours in Sevierville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Wahoo Ziplines is the fastest growing attraction in the Great Smoky Mountains, where awe inspiring panoramic views meet heart-pounding excitement! Get your adrenaline pumping as you travel down SIX signature mountain ziplines!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My family and I had a blast”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This was the first time any of us zip lined. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable. The views were amazing. I would definitely recommend this place over any of the others in the area.

Visited September 2013

Strasburg, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“WAHOO Ziplines WONDERFUL & EXCITING!!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had done some ziplining prior to ur visit to WAHOO but all we can say was WAHOO!!!!!!!!!! This is the best one YET!!! We enjoyed the different zips even thought they were scary at first after the first jump to zip over to the other mountain we were all HOOKED!! So exciting and wonderful Loved every minute of it only disappointed that the Wahoo camera lost all the setting so no pictures of our group for sale! But we still have thememory embedded in our minds it was a great experience and would like to do it again if we are ever back in this area!!

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful, as always!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I live in the Knoxville area and go to Wahoo frequently enough that I could use a season pass (hint, hint :) ). The girls up front are great and the guides are fabulous!!!

If you use Half Off Depot for any vendor, may I suggest asking the vendor if they will give you the discount. This way the vendor gets all the money instead of Half Off getting a big chunk. A friend owns a small buz & she let me in on secret ;-)

Maryville, Tennessee, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Do not confuse this with Wahoo Adrenaline Park (Same Owners?)!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I can only assume the owner(s) of Wahoo Ziplines are being "cute" by placing an image of their new "Jet Boat" as the "main" pic in an attempt to promote their newer investment, Wahoo Adrenaline Park (at a different location) to also make you assume that Wahoo Adrenaline park received such high ratings AND Trip Advisors "Certificate of Excellence 2103". We have been to both and if you read all of the 1, 2 and 3 star ratings on this posting, they all refer to the Wahoo Adrenaline Park with the jet boat, skywalk and zipline. As you read those Wahoo Adrenaline Park posts, the boat was either "broken" or the driver just quit (in our case) or the driver was off, the zipline was a very short (about 45 seconds) and uneventful. IMO, as others, the skybridge was a large waste of money.

Now, back to the "real" Wahoo Zipline review. Since we had been to the "other" Wahoo facility and, I read most of the poor reviews about customer service at this facility, I was very "apprehensive" at best.

My first and observation was, when coming from the west (Knoxville), there were NO signs to indicate where this place was. When Google Maps had us turn off of the main road, we thought it was taking us to "Hooterville", down this very rural country road. Finally we saw a small billboard and we knew we were in the right place.

The Facility: The facility was very nice and clean with comfortable couches for waiting. The rest rooms were also very clean and large.

The Staff: Maybe we got lucky, but the entire staff was very friendly, informative and accommodating. The girl at the front counter could "multitask" very well and was always "smiling". Our guides, Nick & Carl, were very entertaining (especially Nick). We, a party of three, tipped each of them $5.

The Ride: The actual zipline rocked! Not too slow nor too fast. Very nice scenery/views.

The Summary: Although we live only about 40 minutes away, at about $97 (tax incl.), I don't think we will be going back, but after finding a "deal" for $45. per person, it's worth the drive. IMO, the $1.50 for a candy bar in the lobby is a little "greedy". Also, the photographer (at least on our trip) took pics on the first run, when most people are still "nervous", as I was, and most of the shots were not in proper focus. Again, IMO, the photographer should have been on the last run, when everyone (including myself) was a lot more "comfortable", riding upside-down, hands-free, etc. Between lines 4&5 there was a rather steep walk up the side of the mountain...just FYI.

Additionally, on their website, they state they still operate in the rain, when no thunder and/or lightning is present so you may want to bring some towels, especially since the weather forecasts here in E. Tennessee are more like Horoscopes with Numbers!

I rated this 4 out of 5 stars only because of what looks like deceitful advertising, showing the "jet boat" as the main picture, which I can assume was provided by or uploaded by the owner(s). Also, without finding a "deal", at just under $100 for a 1 1/2 hour ride, they are a little too proud of their ride.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jeff B
Brooklyn, New York
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Wow! What an experience!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had a wonderful time at Wahoo Ziplines! We were a big group of 12 ppl, ranging in age from 10-50, and everybody had a blast. The zips were diverse and challenging, but not too scary, even for someone who isn't too comfortable with heights. We even got to ride doubles, and upside down!! The view was awesome. It was definitely one of the highlights of our trip to Tennessee. Our guides Johnny and Steve were fabulous! They were friendly, and took great care of our group from beginning to end. Thank you Wahoo for giving us such a great time!!