All reviews sunshine house rose hill mountains cabin property wedding
Reviewed March 22, 2017

I have visited Kero many times over the years, and stayed in each cabin at one time or the other. I have never written a review, but before my next visit I want to do so. By writing now I will not neglect this opportunity as I have in the past.

If one is looking for a location with mountain views, and a feeling of complete privacy this is the place.
If one is looking for beautifully appointed lodging yet affordable , this is the place.
If one is looking for an owner managed resort with owners residing on the property this is the place. (I personally, find this to be a great advantage, especially at Kero where the owners are so willing to make their guest happy, comfortable, and lacking for nothing )
If one is looking for woods, trails, a pond, and all the good smells a dog might love, this is the place.
If one wants to make new, and build on old memories that will be pleasurable for a lifetime, this is the place.
I cant wait to get back! My dog can't wait to get back! . After having been in one horrific dog fight where there were no breed or size restrictions I appreciate those which Kero has in place.
For me, Kero is most definitely, The Place.

Room Tip: Look at the pictures. They are all true and accurate.
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 22, 2017

Let me start by saying we didn't stay here but I feel I should voice my experience with the owners. I inquired about a cabin because it said pet friendly and I saw pictures of people with their dogs including a lab and German Shepherd. That led me to believe they took big dogs. I left a message asking if our 9 year old well behaved American Bulldog would be welcomed. They called back and left a message saying there is a 30-40lb weight limit. I became suspicious and called back and this time said I had a 75lb Lab. She said, 'Of course he'd be welcome here'. I was pretty ticked. Didn't appreciate the dishonesty and breed discrimination. All she had to say was they have breed restrictions. The place looks nice and the price is fair but the dishonesty cancels that out. In the event we get a smaller dog, we won't even consider this place.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Jarrod S
Reviewed October 18, 2016 via mobile

Could not ask for anything better than Kero Mountain Resort. We stayed at the Sunshine House. Paved roads to the cabins. The cabin was fully stocked. The cabin was very clean and every detail had been thought of. They welcome pets and provided a pet gate and blanket for my dog. There are 2 miles of walking trails on the property. Very peaceful and quiet. I am ready to book for next year. Every cabin has a view of the mountain and valley I will be returning

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2016

Just returned from another great visit to Kero Mountain. Always a pleasure to stay in one of their very clean and well-appointed cabins while traveling to the mountains. So close to town, yet far enough to enjoy listening to nothing but the crickets and doves at sunrise while enjoying a cup of coffee on the deck. The dog even gets excited when we pull in the drive!

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank T M
Reviewed April 7, 2016

Just 6 months after our marriage, I booked Kero Mountain for our very first vacation. On our drive there with our new VW Beetle we brought our cat with us. I remember driving onto the road to go up to Kero and my wife looked at me, "where are we going", Oh No my first crack at vacation a disaster? Heck NO! We pulled up to Sunshine house and saw our names on the sign, WOW, who does that? And cookies waiting inside! I am a genius. Had a great time exploring nearby and the NP also. A peaceful base camp, or just relax the entire time here. I suggested having a Microwave in the cabin, they obliged. Our next trip we brought our two children, next trip added the in-laws (their own cabin) after that we added a child and sister in law family from Florida. Over the years the extended brought their own families, because of our suggestions. I WILL Guarantee you will love it here and come back as well. Nice professional updates to the cabins. The ladies of Kero Mountain always treat you like family. We are booking again this year!

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled with family