“Our first visit to Pigeon Forge”

Review of Enchanted Forest

Upstairs Full Bathroom
Upstairs Loft with Pool Table
New Lower Deck with Rocking Chairs
Fishing Pond Behind Cabin
Free Pool Access on Site!
Free Putt Putt on Site!
Free Fishing on Site - No Fishing License Required!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Southwest...
Virginia
“Disappointed Returning Customer”
Reviewed November 15, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

This was our 8th stay with Little Valley Mountain Resort, but our first time in this particular cabin. The cabin itself was similar in style and design to the other cabins in the resort, but is definitely one of their older cabins (nothing at all wrong with that by the way). However, the stay itself was met with a number of disappointments along the way to which management response was inadequate.

First we had yellow jackets swarming all around the exterior of the cabin upon our arrival, and as we walked through the rooms we discovered some actually inside the master bedroom. Management's solution was to give us a can of bug spray which really isn't something I would use indoors....especially not where I sleep. Thankfully the weather took a turn for the colder a couple of days into our stay, and the yellow jackets dissipated.

Next we had an ongoing issue with the heat as soon as the weather turned colder. The heat pump could not keep the cabin warm. We experienced 4 straight days of cabin temps at our below 61 degrees even when the emergency heat kicked on. Management was called each and every day. A maintenance worker came and tested the air coming out of the vents, and declared that the system was functioning properly. Then they supposedly called an outside heating repair company to come look at it, but because by then it was the weekend they never showed up. The only time we were not shivering with cold was when we had a fire going, but that only heated the main room. The bedrooms and bathrooms were like an icebox.

Upon check out I repeated our complaints of the previous 4 days, and all I received back was that "our maintenance man says it's working properly" and "I'm sorry, hope you come back again soon."

Guess what......I'm already searched out other cabin resorts, and don't plan on coming back to Little Valley Mountain Resort again. Their location is excellent, the cabins are nice, but this particular stay's problems and management's response (or lack there of) has driven a loyal customer away.

Shame on you Little Valley Mountain Resort. Shame on you.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Poor management response to serious heating problems and yellow jacket infestation.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Roanoke VA
Reviewed May 7, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

A romantic getaway
Il
Reviewed April 19, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

People with disabilities Rugged travelers
Management Response
Apr 19, 2014
We do hope you will come back to vacation, and maybe try another one of our many cabins to choose from. This cute little cabin however does have an amazing view that I am sure you enjoyed :)

Sincerely, LIsa
D.C.
Reviewed April 4, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Management Response
Apr 4, 2014
Doesn't this cabin have a great view! I do hope you will soon return here at Little Valley.

Sincerely, Lisa

A romantic getaway
Aberdeen
Reviewed January 11, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing