“Comfortable little cabin- private with beautiful...”

Review of Horseshoe Hideaway

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Suzrbeth
Summerville, SC
“Comfortable little cabin- private with beautiful views.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

We stayed for 4 nights at Mountain Romance. It is a lovely little cabin-not luxury, but homey. The location is wonderful with a windy, uphill drive, but not scary like some places. There was adequate space for our car to park and turn around. It has a gorgeous view from the 3 porches. The entrance way to the cabin is flat, very accessible for those with "stair" issues. If you are looking for a private cabin, this is it. You can see the roofs of other cabins, but that's it. The cabin was very clean, but not ready at 3 pm. We had to wait about 45 mins to enter. We thoroughly enjoyed the hot tub and the large, jacuzzi tub in the loft bathroom. The loft also has a pool table and a futon. There is nice stereo upstairs as well. On the main level is the one bedroom.The bed was a little hard, which worried me at first, but I woke with no aches or pains. We had a little masked visitor on the porch, who gobbled up some marshmallows. I was hoping to see wildlife, so the raccoon was fun to see. We also had a tiny scorpion show up in the bathroom sink, but we took care of him quickly. I had no idea there are scorpions in the Smokies! There is a charcoal grill that we used to cook up some steaks we picked up at a nearby Kroger's. The kitchen is small, very well stocked with kitchen necessities- quite adequate for a short stay. We would definitely stay there again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The private location
Liked least: Cabin not ready on time
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
STLJeaff
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very Nice Little Cabin”
Reviewed July 22, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Nice cabin, clean, well stocked, private. Secluded in the woods. Had a "visitor" in the form of a mouse, but staff was quick to act and he was disposed of. As deep in the woods as this cabin is I would imagine they are very had to control. Other than that, the cabin was wonderful. Everything was clean. Dishes/cookware was ample. Cable TV, Wi-Fi....fishing ponds, pool. Friendly staff. Property matches photos on website.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hot tub, wrap around porch, seclusion
Liked least: Gravel road to cabin
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
il

Reviewed June 30, 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 25-34
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing