“unusual value with lots of charm”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sevierville
Mountain Aire Motor Inn
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Knoxville, TN
“unusual value with lots of charm”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The attractiveness of this older motel was both interesting and pleasing. The price was excellent and the room was clean and fresh. The kindey shaped pool, located in the front close to the highway, reminded me of childhood vacations. It was very enjoyable. The best part was the garden behind the motel. My husband and I sit and watched humming birds, dragon flies and blue tail lizards. The garden, with its beautiful flowers and shrubs, created a peaceful ambience.
We choose the location because it was close to the Temptation Revue, but we will be returning often just to relax !

Room Tip: Some rooms have mountain views.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nancyknoxville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Bristol, Virginia
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed here a few times. This is one of the cleanest places we have stayed. It is close to outlets, restaurants, etc. Staff was very nice and rates were very good. We stayed in one of the end rooms that look out to the small gardern in the back which was very nice. We will definitely keep coming back.

Room Tip: End rooms that overlook the garden are nice.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jon c
NC
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed 3 nights. The staff was very pleasant and the room was very clean. We had a jacuzzi room at a reasonable rate and thoroughly enjoyed it! We only wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank NcLuvs2travel
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayec here on a weekend in the summer when we unexpectedly decided to extend our trip for one more day. Excellent value. Extremely clean inside and out. This will definitely be our "go to" motel in the area from now on!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Mountaineere
Phenix City, Alabama
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed here a week in May and were very impressed......Bed was very comfortable...
A great value for the price...Room was VERY CLEAN!.....park right at the door.......love that too!....We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WDMD
Locust Grove
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here once a month for the last year.
The place is always clean and the staff is awsome.
Yes they do not serve breakfast but so what those free bagles are a joke!!
They are right next store to a pancake house so you can walk over and get some real food.
I HIGHLY recommend the Mountain Aire Inn you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Buffaloj
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed June 21, 2012

After seeing all the glowing reviews, we decided to try the Mountain Aire for our recent visit to the Great Smokies. Their motto is "older than some, cleaner than most". I would say they are cleaner than all.
Here is what was good: Our room was very clean, the bathroom, the carpets, it was even clean behind tables and nightstands. The rate was excellent and I think that is where all these 5-star reviews on Tripadvisor are coming from; we paid $48.50 each night we stayed. The location of the hotel is right in the middle of Sevierville, minutes from Pigeon Forge and tons of restaurants and about 30 minutes from the Sugarland visitor center. They had free Wi-Fi which was a real surprise and more surprising was they had 3 different areas of access to ensure good signal strength and the speed was faster than any hotel I've EVER been to. The air conditioning worked very well; there was a mini-fridge that also worked well and a microwave.
Here is what wasn't so good: They don't have a website and when I called the person I talked to wasn't terribly friendly or forthcoming with information. After making my reservation, I called the morning of my arrival to inquire the check in time and was told, "Check in time is 2, unless your room isn't ready yet." That answer was not really what I was looking for. The room and bathroom are very small; from the bed to the wall on one side was about 12 inches. In the bathroom, you about have to have one foot in the bathtub in order to close the door behind you. I asked for a King bed with a roll out sofa and I was told they did not have any roll out sofa beds, which makes it difficult if you have a young child. Our room was noisy. We stayed on the backside of the motel, but the main road has a lot of traffic and you could hear cars driving back and forth all night long. I felt like I was sleeping on the expressway, though it may be the same noise problem with any motel with exterior corridors. I don't think the parking lot noise was excessive, it is just the doors aren't insulated well. The room didn't have a sturdy lock on the door. The pillows aren't good, the mattress was uncomfortable and the towels have seen better days.
I'm not sure if I would stay here again or not but if you are looking for cheap, clean and aren't concerned about much else, this place would work for you.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the back side of the hotel, far away from the road.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family