“Great place!”

Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Spruce Pine, North Carolina
“Great place!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed here for our honey moon 8-2 through 8-5 . We booked oblinr looking for affordable. I booked two queen double beds because that was all the site offered. When we got there we found out that we could get a king smoking room fort he same price which we did. It was clean and well kept. They never had a problem giving extra towels or pillows. We also had a wonderful time in the pool. The only thing i didnt like was them not making our bed. But thats okay. I think iys wonderful place to stay and we will be back. I loved not being on the main strip of pigeon forge. Also eaking up and enjoying the beautiful river and feeding the ducks.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank kddjra2389
Eric R, Front Office Manager at River View Inn, responded to this review, October 28, 2014
We are so pleased to hear about your stay! Sometimes when we have one or two of a certain room we take them offline so we don't over book. Its always nice when you can step back from all the noise and traffic on the main parkway. We hope to see you again on your next visit!

-Josh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Logan, West Virginia
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Stayed in room 101 from 8-8 to 8-10. Josh at the front desk was very nice. Room was all we needed for a weekend trip to school shop. Room had 2 double beds, micro-fridge. Had a small patio out back. Room was pretty clean. I managed a motel at Detroit Metro Airport so I might pay a little more attention to a room. The only thing I can say is a little more attention to detail is needed. Dirt around the walls in the bathroom, few stains on the drapes. Beds was clean and comfy. But did notice that last day if the weather would have been better and more people in the pool room 101 would have been a noisy room. It was located right beside of the pool. But all in all I would say here again. Was very pleased and liked the ideal of hardwood floors in the room. Much easier to take care of than carpet.

Room Tip: In the summer closer to the pool can be noisy. The rooms on the bottom just have a patio area out b...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
David-Coy, Manager at River View Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at River View Inn! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I have made a note to housekeeping to make sure they are paying more attention to the smaller details. We can't wait for your next stay!

Starr Sc
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed here with our 3 kids. The room was very clean. They liked the pool. Joshua at the front desk was super helpful. A little further out than we normally stay but that was no problem. We really enjoyed the peaceful patio. We even walked the trail behind us and found a really nice park. We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Hoffsfamily
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at River View Inn! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. The trail is one of my favorite parts of the location of our hotel. It is nice to be able to go just get away with the city right at your finger tips. It is only a little further than the city. Very quick easy access, we're glad you chose us! Hopefully we will see you again in the future!

Groveport
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Before I Booked a room here I read tons of reviews on here,more neg than positive ones. Glad I booked here.Yes it is an older place do not let that fool you ! The beds were fine to sleep in no bug what so ever..we loved the wooden floors... It is just before you turn on to the main strip . There are plenty of places to eat if u wish to stay close n relax at the pool or in your room..huge flat screen tv.. We got in late because of rain n traffic jams..it was 230 am... we were greeted by a man with a smile and he welcomed us..even offered to help if we need anything...while on loading my pillow landed in a water puddle Aaron the man at the front desk ran out to help..he even gave me a dry pillow case :) ( hope i got his name right ) we asked for 2 more bath towels got them right away... I am not going to lie we paid 39 dollars a night when we opened the door I was surprised :) the room was clean n did not smell funny... 2 things they need to update is the bathtub/ and lock on back door... if u are looking for a place to sleep at night shop in the day... you can not go wrong... they r still doing some work this is really a sweet older hotel.I will stay here again 4 sure :)

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Doreen A
Thank you for taking the time review your stay at River View Inn. I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay while you were here. We try to train our staff to be as helpful as can be and to go above and beyond to serve every guest in the best possible manner. We have noted some of the issues and most of them have already been resolved since your stay. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time that you are in the area!!

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Really fantastic stay!! Room was exceptionally clean!!! Staff was wonderful!! All around absolutely great stay!!! Beautiful river view from our balcony!! Jacuzzi in room was a huge plus!! Everything was in walking distance.. All was excellent!! Can't say enough!!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank laukhuff
Osceola, NC
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I reluctantly booked here after seeing mixed reviews. Here's what my family experienced:

Pros:
Overall Clean room - no bugs, no typical damp smell
Laminate floors - big plus
Neat balcony with great views of the river
Close to many attractions
Clean kiddie pool
Nice TV
Comfortable bed
Price

Cons:
Some chipped paint/tile
No morning breakfast (though coffee/tea/doughnuts were available in the reception area)
Smokers from the room below made it hard to enjoy sunset on the balcony with our kids
Doors on exterior walkway (as opposed to an interior hall)
No covered pull though to unload luggage (we became quite wet getting our luggage out)

Overall:
This place was not perfect; if you are looking to be pampered or are annoyed by things such as the cons mentioned above this is probably not the place for you. However, if you are looking for a clean, comfortable room on a budget price I think you'll be happy with this place. As for me I was pleasantly surprised; my family will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Getoutoftheboat
Garrison
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We were heading home, when a big storm came through and we had to stay another night. We were looking for cheap but decent. Hard to find. The outside doesn't look very good but once we opened the door we were impressed by the cleanliness and hard wood floors. The bathroom was very clean. A balcony is provided with very great views! For only 50 dollars a night including everything, it was the best!

• Stayed July 2014