“Relaxing getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 17 Sevierville B&B and Inns
New Carlisle, Ohio, United States
“Relaxing getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Our 2 night stay was a gift from our daughter. She could not have picked a better place. My husband and I were very pleased from the moment we pulled into the drive. The setting is beautiful. We stayed in the main house. The staff go out of their way to please you. I have stayed at several B&Bs and have never had breakfasts as delicious as the ones we had there. I might add the afternoon sweets are to die for. I would highly recommend this

Room Tip: I think anyone would be happy with any of the rooms they are all beautiful.

1 Thank Carolyn M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Navarre, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently for his birthday. It was our first ever stay at a non-chain hotel and I'd say I don't think I ever want to stay anywhere than at a bed and breakfast during our future travels- and preferably one like this one! We stayed in the Honeysuckle cottage and loved everything about it! Gas fireplace, jaccuzi right next to the bed and we had breakfast brought to us most mornings in a cute little basket (yummy food, too)! The staff was awesome and very accommodating. Since we weren't home for my husband's birthday and I wasn't able to bake him anything I asked the night attendant if he could make him something small with a little candle. He made him a little mini cake (pistacchio cake with green frosting, since it was St. Patty's day) and it was phenomenal! Everyone is super nice and we would absolutely stay again if we are ever back in the area! Love that it's run by sweet Christian owners as well :)

Room Tip: Would recommend the Honeysuckle cottage!

1 Thank kshowalter21
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

- This was our third stay at Blue Mountain - and each of them has been perfect! The owners and staff make everyone feel like part of the idyllic family we all want to have! Norman and Sarah just recently celebrated 25 years of ownership I think, and they set the tone... the entire staff is friendly and welcoming. Each breakfast is carefully prepared and described for you in detail - and always starts with a bowl of fresh fruit and cream - yummy! At night they but out home made desserts and have a nice social hour. The property is beautiful and peaceful - lots of walking space right on site but you can also get to Knoxville or Gatlinburg in less than 30 minutes (even with traffic). There were alot of folks there that were repeat visitors like us; but also several first time visitors that said they would be back. They have a nice library, little gift shop, and extensive video collection that you can enjoy in the basement family room or in your own guest room. We have stayed in both the main house and the cabins - all the rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable. The main house has wifi access - but connectivityis a little spotty at the cabins that are furthest away. (Hint though - if you want a little more privacy and romance, stay in the cabins....which have jacuzzis and even give you the option of having a breakfast basket delivered to your door so you can be a little lazy in the morning but not miss breakfast! The cabins also have microwaves, coffee makers, refrigerators, gas fire places, and a small dinette area so you can bring your own groceries and make a stay of it onsite if you want!)

- Don't forget to take advantage of the location in the middle of the Smokies and take in the Arts and Crafts loop or any of the area waterfalls and hiking trails. (They have brochures for both on site). They also keep a restaurant binder filled with local recommendations by people that have stayed there, so you don't have to guess where to eat if you're looking for ideas.

- If you want a quiet, cozy, family-oriented stay with convenience to surrounding area - this is the place! I hope the Ball family stays in business here for at least another 25 years!

Braidwood, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Beautiful Smoky Mountain farmhouse that is very peaceful and relaxing. Delicious breakfast and a gorgeous view of the Smoky Mountains. Clean and a very nice staff. Sweet treats set out in the evening for snacking.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I am so happy to say that my stay was awesome. I enjoyed everything about the Cottage. This is the top notch place and look forward to staying there many times. My first day there I felt right at home and enjoyed to peace and quiet on my deck. I also enjoyed the delicious desserts every night. I will have to say one of my favorites was having my breakfast delivered to my cottage every morning. It completely make my stay perfect. Thank you for running such a Christian place.

Room Tip: There was no swimming pool didn't mean to mark that one.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stay here at least 3 times a year and have stayed in both the main house and the cottages...this time we stayed in the cottages and for four days we almost didn't leave the grounds other than going to dinner in the evenings and even then it seems we hurried back for dessert at the Inn! We had breakfast delivered to us on 2 of our day and ate in the dining room the other two and all were delicious. I highly recommend scheduling a massage as well if you want a truly relaxing experience. I have stayed at several other Bed and Breakfasts and although they were nice they just don't compare...some of the others were "stuffy" and left you feeling as if you were afraid to touch anything and who wants that when you come to a wonderful place like this to relax! BMM is has a very relaxed feel but leaves you knowing you are going to be taken care of no matter what you need!

Phenix City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

my wife and i have stayed here 9 times...every year in February, consecutively, for a long time. the owners and operators, Norman and Sarah make this a 'never stay anywhere else' place. romantic, comfortable, CLEAN, BEAUTIFUL, accommodating....we tried the big house, and enjoyed them, but the cottages were our favorite....very quiet, very private, and almost like being at home. we have never had a bad stay, actually, never less than excellent.

Room Tip: the cabins are the best....like a honeymoon cottage, year after year....
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Resort at Governor's Crossing
#2 of 20 in Sevierville
RiverStone Resort & Spa
RiverStone Resort & Spa
#2 of 54 in Pigeon Forge

Been to Blue Mountain Mist Country Inn and Cottages? Share your experiences!