“Awesome Time!!”

Smoky Mountain Deer Farm & Exotic Petting Zoo
Ranked #3 of 89 things to do in Sevierville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to the Smoky Mountain Deer Farm and Exotic Petting Zoo & Deer Farm Riding Stables. You’re going to love our unique barnyard environment, nestled on 143 acres of a beautiful mountain property. Bring the family to meet, pet and feed our friendly animals, including goats, deer, camels, elk, reindeer, emu, zebra, exotic cattle, watusi, zonkeys, and so much more! You can even walk amongst our tame fallow deer. After the zoo, the little ones can enjoy a ride on one of our gentle ponies, led by Mom or Dad. Or, the whole family can take a relaxing horseback ride through our wooded Smoky Mountain home, led by our courteous and experienced guides. We hope to see you soon!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Being an animal lover on vacation in TN, my mother and I went to visit a good friend of ours who happens to neighbor this awesome facility with her horses. She had mentioned it so we drove around the corner and checked it out! The owner was so nice and let us walk through with complimentary feed for our first time there, we were going to bring the rest of the family back but due to unforeseen circumstances were unable to. All in all it was an awesome time and I definitely made some new critter friends and I will definitely return anytime I am in the area!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This petting zoo is several miles from the main attractions. It is worth the ride. Our 17 month loved the petting zoo and the staff was really friendly. The only thing I would recommend for the owners would to install more stations to wash your hands. I will come back when we are in the area. The prices is very affordable and not over priced like the other attractions in this area.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Negative reviews on this place seem to come from people expecting a manicured tourist ranch... This place is not that. It reminds me of my Kentucky home. It is WELL taken care of. Yes there is overgrowth, tall grass, animal poop, tractors everywhere... This is a typical country barn place! The pricing is excellent and the tour guides we talked with were all very personable and not trying to 'over impress' by being fake. Great with kids asking a million questions too! I loved it and the kids did as well! Only thing is, the 30 min. ride we took wasn't too senic. Beautiful, but no waterfalls or rivers or stuff other places advertise, at least not the short ride; I CANNOT vouch for the other trails.

And to mention to those whom believe the animals in the petting zoo are penned in too closely... those animals arent kept there all the time of course... surely people knpw that the animals well being is regulated here, from horses to zebras to camels, they all get their moments to roam. ;) Overall, fantastic, laid-back, mountain-country experience!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had a wonderful experience horseback riding at the Deer Farm.
We had not been on a horse in years and it was the first time ever for our daughter. Great friendly guide too!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

What an awesome experience from my 1-year chasing goats to my 4-year old picking up the baby goats to me (33) feeding the camels three times! It was so much fun that I will do it again whenever I come back to Gatlinburg!