“Loved every time we have went” 5 of 5 bubbles

Smoky Mountain Deer Farm & Exotic Petting Zoo
Ranked #3 of 85 things to do in Sevierville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to the Smoky Mountain Deer Farm and Exotic Petting Zoo & Deer Farm Riding Stables. You’re going to love our unique barnyard environment, nestled on 143 acres of a beautiful mountain property. Bring the family to meet, pet and feed our friendly animals, including goats, deer, camels, elk, reindeer, emu, zebra, exotic cattle, watusi, zonkeys, and so much more! You can even walk amongst our tame fallow deer. After the zoo, the little ones can enjoy a ride on one of our gentle ponies, led by Mom or Dad. Or, the whole family can take a relaxing horseback ride through our wooded Smoky Mountain home, led by our courteous and experienced guides. We hope to see you soon!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Lookout, West Virginia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Loved every time we have went”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We visit the Deer Farm each time we go to Pigeon Forge. Love the Emu (husband's favorite) and the Camel (my favorite). The owner was there this time and asked about our children and how there were doing in school and what there future plans are and was genuinely interested. Will continue to go back each time we go to Pigeon Forge.

1 Thank AlicePaulNeff

Berea, Kentucky
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Deer Farms great for the kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

On our last trip to Gatlinburg we were looking for horse back riding for our daughters. My wife found a coupon for the Deer Farm Petting zoo. It is a little bit out of the way, but we will be visiting again. It is easy to find and the signage is good. One way gravel road in so don't be discouraged is worth the trip. We were greeted by management in the gift shop and given a very detailed explanation of what the zoo had to offer. Our daughters opted for the pony rides after our trip through the petting zoo. Very hands on! We were able to walk around in the pens with the animals. Loads of tame deers, goats and lots of other tame creatures. My daughters even got to hold new born goats. The management and personel did a great job of explaining things and helping out with any questions. You actually got to lead your own children on the pony rides and they were well worth it. Not just one trip around a circle pen, but three trips around a mini trail ride. We will be visiting again on our next trip!

3 Thank deputy242
Smyrna, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I really enjoyed my experience here. I got to hold the most precious baby goat, and feed and pet lots of other awesome animals. My faves were the zebra and beautiful draft horse. The ladies working there were also super nice and did a great job telling you the rules without being rude about it. It started raining while we were there and they were also kind enough to bring umbrellas out to us. I'll definitely be making a return trip on my next visit to the area!

1 Thank Dawn M
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“What a GREAT place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I LOVE bringing my daughter (30 months) here! There are so many different types of animals. She really loves the pony rides that I get to walk her around on. All of the animals are clean and friendly. You can even hold he baby goats! tiday there was a baby elk born and we watched its first steps!!! The price is super affordable and thy even have a gift shop where everything is very affordable so you can take home a souviner! Probably the best part for me is the staff is super nice and you can tell they really enjoy what they do. Pride in ownership is clearly shown and I highly recommend coming here with or even without the kids!

3 Thank christybutter
SMDFDFRS, Internet Marketing Manager at Smoky Mountain Deer Farm & Exotic Petting Zoo, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
It’s wonderful to hear how much your family enjoyed the Farm! We especially love hearing about how even our youngest guests have a ball both with the animals and on our pony ride. And you were here for a very special day, indeed! She was the first female elk born on our property, and we are just in love with her! Momma and baby elk are doing fantastic. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us, and we hope to see you again next year.
Indianapolis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We visited on June 11, 2013 and had a wonderful time! All the staff were very friendly and did an excellent job explaining everything before we went out. And we really enjoyed the animals! I will say that I wouldn't recommend going in the deer pen with a cup of food. We told not to go in the goat pen with food but that we could go in the deer pen with it. They really swarmed me though! Pony rides were great as well! We will definitely be back if we are in the area again!

1 Thank TiffSil