Smoky Mountain Deer Farm & Exotic Petting Zoo
Ranked #3 of 84 things to do in Sevierville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to the Smoky Mountain Deer Farm and Exotic Petting Zoo & Deer Farm Riding Stables. You’re going to love our unique barnyard environment, nestled on 143 acres of a beautiful mountain property. Bring the family to meet, pet and feed our friendly animals, including goats, deer, camels, elk, reindeer, emu, zebra, exotic cattle, watusi, zonkeys, and so much more! You can even walk amongst our tame fallow deer. After the zoo, the little ones can enjoy a ride on one of our gentle ponies, led by Mom or Dad. Or, the whole family can take a relaxing horseback ride through our wooded Smoky Mountain home, led by our courteous and experienced guides. We hope to see you soon!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Nashville, Tennessee
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Went to the riding stables first, we had 3 adults and a 4 year old. The stable manager was so nice and our guide Dakota was great, especially with my niece. She kept my niece's horse tethered to hers just to be safe as my niece had never ridden. The horses we rode were all so gentle- perfect for anyone who has never ridden. The trails were well shaded and offered beautiful views. When we finished we went on over to the petting zoo. The lady we bought the tickets from was great at explaining the rules as well as telling us all about the animals. You could tell she loved her job! We bought food and all of us including my teenage daughter joined in feeding and petting the animals. Can't say that I have ever seen let alone fed a watusi or a zonkey! We also had fun petting and feeding the emus. The deer and the goats were very gentle and we enjoyed going in their pens to pet them and take pictures. Would highly recommend this attraction!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Elizabeth55229

Franklin, North Carolina, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“The best of everything!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

We enjoyed our time at the the riding stables so much last year that we went back there to ride during our vacation this May. It was every bit as wonderful as we remembered it!

The area & trails are beautiful, the horses are extremely well cared for, the stable are neat & clean and the staff is marvelous!! The stable manager (Tim) is incredibly nice. We went riding on 2 separate days and had a different young woman as a guide each time ~ Dakota & Nevada (gawd, I hope I remembered those right! they were terrific but I am horrible with names). My 12 year and I had a lovely time both days.

And a bonus ~ when my husband locked our keys in the car, the most I would have asked for was to just sit in the air conditioning while we waited for a locksmith, but the manager came out to personally see if he could help and then one of the young men working in the stables came and helped us 'break in' to the car. He was awesome and we were so appreciative.

Can't wait to go back again!! :)

1 Thank ChristyK33
SMDFDFRS, Internet Marketing Manager at Smoky Mountain Deer Farm & Exotic Petting Zoo, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for another lovely review, and for visiting us again. It’s a real treat to see the same families year after year; to see how your little ones have grown up when you come back to see how our “little ones” have grown as well! You are the reason that our Farm and Riding Stables are able expand and improve every year, and you make all of our efforts worthwhile. We greatly appreciate you, and can’t wait to see you and yours again next time!
4 attraction reviews
“Favorite place in the smokey's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. I love the animals the people working there. The price is great. Must say my only negative is I don't live there. This would be my dream place. I love animals so I would love to live there.

Visited June 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Horseback riding a good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Me and my 3 year old doubled up on a horse. We were the only ones with the guide that time. It was beautiful and not tooexpensive The guide was great! The petting zoo was kind of expensive, 45 for our family of 4. They did have alot of different animals and you could feed almost all of them. They had a zebra, 2 camels, a kangaroo, emus, deer, goats, donkeys, reindeer and more. Wait to turn off the main road until you see a sign.

1 Thank christarachelsmom
Bloomington, Indiana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had an awesome time. Our guide Chandler was great. Highly recommend Deer Farm Exotic Petting Zoo and Riding Stables.