“Great for the whole family!”

Smoky Mountain Deer Farm & Exotic Petting Zoo
Ranked #3 of 92 things to do in Sevierville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to the Smoky Mountain Deer Farm and Exotic Petting Zoo & Deer Farm Riding Stables. You’re going to love our unique barnyard environment, nestled on 143 acres of a beautiful mountain property. Bring the family to meet, pet and feed our friendly animals, including goats, deer, camels, elk, reindeer, emu, zebra, exotic cattle, watusi, zonkeys, and so much more! You can even walk amongst our tame fallow deer. After the zoo, the little ones can enjoy a ride on one of our gentle ponies, led by Mom or Dad. Or, the whole family can take a relaxing horseback ride through our wooded Smoky Mountain home, led by our courteous and experienced guides. We hope to see you soon!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This zoo is great! The staff are so helpful and friendly and for a small zoo they have lots of awesome animals to see and some even to pet:) A must see!

All reviews
"all ages"
in 39 reviews
"trail guide"
in 10 reviews
"staff was very friendly"
in 20 reviews
"my husband"
in 43 reviews

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Living in China and seeing animals abused all the time made me nervous about visiting a private zoo but I read a lot of other reviews from different sources and things looked positive so I decided to check this place out with my 3 1/2 year old daughter. It's a bit small you can go through it pretty fast if your kid is like mine who seems to race though things but when I got her to slow down and enjoy the sights she totally loved it. She had a wonderful time going in and being able to pet the deer and the goats. She was a bit nervous because the goats are so attentive but once she got used again she was amazed at being able to touch them. The goats also loose interest real fast when the realize you don't have any food as well. The pony ride was a huge hit as well. I would have loved for her to be a bit older so we could have gone horse back riding but maybe next time and there will certainly be a next time because the care of these animals was evident.

The animals looked very well fed and cared for. Some people have complained about the smell but oh come on it's a zoo. There were piles to be found of course but certainly not to anywhere near a degree where I would even start to worry about the animals well being.

The staff was friendly, attentive and very helpful. Just real good East Tennessee folk.

SMDFDFRS, Internet Marketing Manager at Smoky Mountain Deer Farm & Exotic Petting Zoo, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

We are just tickled that you and your daughter had a wonderful time. We love our animal family, and we always strive to make sure that they are as healthy and happy as they can be. Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experience, as well as your fantastic pictures! We sure do hope to see you again on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

My husband and I and our 2 children 10yr and 17yr visited last week. It is so fun to be able to actually go into the pens and interact with the goats and deer. Feeding the camel was also a thrill. All the animals are very friendly and come to you for food. The staff are very friendly and informative and you can tell they love each and every animal as a personal pet. This is my third time visiting here and I would recommend it to any animal lover.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

My girlfriend and I visited with our toddlers, ages 2 and 1. They had a blast! We bought too much food to feed the animals but it was great to get up close and personal with the animals. My little guy had a pony ride and loved it, even though he rides every weekend at his grandparents. Be careful and make sure you hold your hand completely flat while feeding the animals- both me and my little man got nipped and it is painful! The staff was also super friendly!! We would definitely go back!