Wilderness at the Smokies Resort
Landmark Inn(Sevierville)
Riverview Inn(Sevierville)
Sleep Inn(Sevierville)
2,801 results
All reviewsstone hill lodgewave poolindoor waterparkmurphy bedthirsty minerkids eat freelife guardslaser tagsurf riderropes courseall agesstove topstorm chaserarcade areasalamander springswater park islots of fun
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 31, 2011

My husband & I had a reservation for 2 double bed suite. When we arrived we were given a room next to the elevator with a murphy bed and a sleeper love seat. We had made our reservations 6 weeks in advance to assure a good room. Needless to say we were very unhappy and felt this room was not what we had reserved. When we went to discuss the problem with the front desk staff and manager, they told us that was what we reserved. We explained that we wanted to double beds not a murphy bed and sleeper sofa. They said " if can you sleep on it. Then it's a bed."
We felt that our room was misrepresented and were very unsatisfied.
The house keeping staff delivered pillows at 1:00 am 2 hr's and 30 minutes after we requested them and ignored our do not disturb sign on the door. We managed to get pillows on our own from another staff member. Our room had no washcloths and an empty tissue box. After our room had been cleaned the next day, the staff took the pillows and did not replenish wash clothes or tissues.
Our experience was beyond poor.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Pinkstoc
Reviewed January 27, 2011

We had great service at the front deck when we checked in. However, we were directed to the time-share desk to get our keys. I had read previos reviews, so we just said "No thanks" and moved on and the employee was very nice about it.
Our room was just okay. It was clean, and decorated nice - nothing special. the bathroom was pretty small and there was not enough room to hang all of our towels.
The kids loved the waterpark. We were there when most schools were still in session, so it was not very crowded. It could potentially be a nightmare when the hotel is full as the water areas are not that large. The slides were great fun and everything worked fine while we were there. The lifeguards seemed attentive. We did see an accident on the Surfrider - a teen broke his ankle. the staff was there attending to him immediately and they did a very good job.
We only ate breakfast in the hotel once. It was overpriced and we ate our other meals outside of the hotel.
The resort is good for a couple of nights off season with a discount.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2011

We drove a little over 6 hours get here. It was very much worth it!! All the people whinning and complaining about silly stuff just don't seem to understand that aq hotel plus admission would cost soooo much more. Last year we stayed at a family inn or something for like $69 then paid over $100 for ONE day at splash country. Now, we pay that total and get to play twice as long and get a better room. Boohoo, some kids get excited and run around, but we had aGREAT time!! Can't wait to come back! WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank travelAndBeHappy
Reviewed January 22, 2011

We thought this would be a great weekend trip. The food is terrible and over priced. The customer service is terrible. The beds are uncomfortable. Only one of the hotel properties was open this weekend. I can not imagine how over run the water park would be if both properties had guests staying in them. I have had to go and get new keys almost every time we have left our room. You have to listen to a time share speech to get your parking pass. It is 11 PM and there are still people slamming doors and running down the hall. When I spend this kind of money I expect a certain kind of luxury. There is no luxury that exists in this hotel. There are no bell hops. There is no valet. I am very disappointed. The best thing about the property is the Polka Dot Pots. We got to paint some pottery. I could have done that at home.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank cdufrene
Reviewed January 9, 2011

I was somewhat disappointed by this resort because I was expecting alot more for the rates they charge. The room was adequate enough. But the condition of my room needs fixing due to the window being cracked open with no way to close it. Not so nice in the winter. I did stay in the older part of the resort; still no excuse. I guess the rates are for using the waterpark, which was great for the kids. But make sure you eat before going to waterpark; the snack bar food is inedible as well as ridiculously priced. Next time I will look for decent hotel near a waterpark instead.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family