“13th Birthday Blast!”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“13th Birthday Blast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I chaperoned my daughter and her 3 friends for a birthday trip. It is a great place to bring a group to. I was able to find a central location for us the meet up frequently and let the girls play on their own. Our room was ready when we arrived. It was clean and cool. The shuttle was prompt and the drivers were courteous and friendly. My only complaint is the food. We ate 2 meals in the dome and it was expensive. The best bang for my buck was the cheese pizza. It was cheesy and delicious!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank K R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (706)
  • Thai first
Cumming, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

We had a great time on our visit to Wilderness at the Smokies last week. The property is beautiful and well kept, the water parks offer lots of fun both indoors and out and there isn't much need to leave the property.. except the food. It's pretty much the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars. I think for the cost of the buffet at night.. $18.99 per adult, with kids 2-11 eating free per adult, that the offering on the buffet could be a whole lot better. Fresher hot items that don't seem to be frozen first, and a wider variety. Safe for the breakfast buffet. The options are truly limited and mediocre in taste, especially for $11.99 per adult. However, aside from that (because the food isn't the biggest reason to go), this was one of our best vacations and we'll definitely go again soon!

Room Tip: The rooms in Stone Hill lodge are the smallest but the most affordable. Stay there for a truly affor...
1 Thank Cathy J
Bristol, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

I want to love this place and with just a little extra work from the staff/management I think I could. We have been here at least 10 times in the past 5 years since we live fairly close and every time we encounter a different problem that takes the steam right out of my sails. My kids love it because they love water, and parks, and chicken nuggets. They are not picky. I am.

1. The food is terrible. I know there are a multitude of places to eat within driving distance but if I come to this resort I do not want to leave and neither do my children. It is like pulling teeth to get them to get out of the water to eat much less to get ready and drive to a chain restaurant. No thanks. The food available at WATS is not even a step above really bad cruise ship buffet. And it is expensive. Maybe some upgraded options or at least something with some spice would help.

2. The beds and pillows are crazy uncomfortable and the noise level after dark is enough to make you want to pull your hair out. I have stayed all over the resort and it is never quiet enough to sleep. No amount of calls to the front desk will stop this either. Don't even waist your time.

3. They claim to have wifi but I have never been able to latch on for more than a minute or two anywhere in the resort. Not in room, lobby, pool, outside, inside, etc. I am typing this from the Wilderness Waterdome and I am using my personal hotspot to do so. Please don't advertise resort wide internet when that is not the case.

4. The staff are hit or miss. The bartenders are great and usually the room service staff (expecially Angela) are very friendly and helpful. The lifeguards do a great job and are engaging and professional. But the front desk will not answer a question and will transfer you so fast it will make your head spin. While trying to arrange my son's in room birthday party I was transferred 5 times. I finally hung up. They seem to know nothing about the resort! The eye rolling from other staff is pretty epic as well. My husband and I have made a game out of how many eye rolls we will get. It's pretty insulting.

Bottom line, I will keep coming because my children love it. But, I would gladly pay a little more for some decent food, a comfy pillow, a smidge of customer service, and some soundproofing.

Room Tip: Request a room in River Lodge. Stone Hill is inconvenient and the shuttle is not dependable.
3 Thank kidsmeanluxnomore
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is a park and stay kind of place. Although we did get out a couple of our nights, we could have easily parked the car when we arrived and never left until check-out. Our family ranged in age from the 70s down to a pre-teen. We all enjoyed the experience tremendously. One side note: the WiFi was terrible for us. At night we wanted to be able to lie in bed and check out our devices but we just were not able to do that. The connection was never stable enough. We stayed in a studio with 2 Queen beds, and the room is tight but had a fridge, flat-top stove top and microwave along with a twin size sofa/sleeper and 2-chair table. We spent the majority of our time outside of the room, so it was fine for us. We had a first floor room with a patio facing the lazy river. It was wonderful. We will most definitely go back! All the fun of the beach experience without all that sand!

Room Tip: Personally, I would never stay anywhere but the River Lodge which has the indoor AND outdoor parks...
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

I read many negative reviews but my family and I had an excellent experience! Glad that we tried it! We will be back! Food was great and service was good! Room was nice too! Great family vacation. Something for everyone!

• Stayed July 2014
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed two nights at the Hotel in the Double Queen with full kitchen. Kids had to sleep on pull out couch as the mattress was paper thin but that is our only negative. Staff was friendly upon arrive and during our stay , Room was very clean and up to date. The kids had a blast , no problems , food on site is very pricy. plan on everything being double what you would pay off site but it was convenient not having to leave the resort and battle traffic, we stayed in our swim trunks for 2 days. If you get the chance to go , "GO". You will have a great time. Awesome water park and plenty of room! Take the Wyndham resort tour, it truly was a NO HASSLE tour, takes 2.5 hours instead of the two they schedule and tell you it will only be one. but its an awesome deal. I received a 7 day free nights in any Wyndham to use within the next year, its worth the tour. Ask for Ray Cate he will not pressure you at all.

Room Tip: Our room was 11004 farthest from the front lobby and ending in 11001 this room had no view of the wa...
2 Thank Paul B
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Great water parks but tiny rooms (smallest I have ever stayed in) rooms were clean though and staff was very polite. Traffic was horrible in these resort areas, takes 25 minutes to go 5 miles. Probably not go back. Whole family stayed 7 days, way to long for tiny rooms.

• Stayed July 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Resort at Governor's Crossing
The Inn at Christmas Place
The Inn at Christmas Place
#2 of 90 in Pigeon Forge
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,979 reviews

Been to Wilderness at the Smokies Resort? Share your experiences!