“Very nice and comfortable”

Wilderness at the Smokies Resort
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
“Very nice and comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We are locals and have always wondered what it was like. The rooms were amazing and the staff was extremely friendly. We enjoyed the water park very much. Adventure forest was nice but we couldn't use our day passes for the laser tag. There could be more activities in there. We had a very good experience over all. I would suggest this to anybody who wants to get away whether they are locals or not. :-)

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank odell1998

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (706)
  • Thai first
Ashland, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were there for our children's fall break from school. It was the second year we had stayed during the first week of October. The room was clean, as was the entire complex. The staff we dealt with were very pleasant. It was a good value when compared to other hotels as the waterpark is included with the toom.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KyHouseboater
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We just checked in to our rooms. To be honest the rooms are acceptable and the grounds seem to be well kept. It's the staff that I take issue with. When I made the reservations I explained that I would be using a gift card to pay. The person taking my reservation explained I still had to provide a credit card for billing of incidentals. I didn't think anything about it.

Today when I checked in they wouldn't let me use the credit card to pay in full as promised. They charged over half to my credit card and left half on my gift card. After arguing over this for about 30 minutes I finally dropped it and accepted it for now. I will be trying again before i leave. I am also shocked that the staff did nothing to try to make this right. After explaining how I had been lied to by one of their employees I feel they should have stepped up in sone way to rectify the situation.

One pissed off customer.

• Stayed October 2013
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

We started our trip to Gatlinburg in a terrible, outdated cabin and said enough was enough. We did a little searching and found the Wilderness at the Smokies Resort and decided to give it a chance. Check-in wasn't until 4pm but they had our room ready at 1pm. Very nice room, a typical hotel room but very clean.

Waterpark was great - it was unseasonably warm so we were able to enjoy both the inside and outside parks. The arcade was probably one of the best arcades we have ever been in and kept my 4-year entertained for hours. They also have laser tag, inside and outside mini golf, rock climbing wall (some of these were extra charges) so plenty to keep the kids busy. I even saw teenagers running around and they looked like they were having fun, too. This place reminds me a lot of the Great Wolf Lodge.

Only negative would be the food! Yuck, we should have read the other reviews more carefully! I totally agree with the reviewer that said for a resort this nice, the food sure doesn't match up. We ate a dinner buffet at Hidden Trails and that was equal to cafeteria food - not good! They certainly need to improve on their restaurant food. We were going to eat the breakfast buffet in the morning but after dinner, decided against it!

We had a great time and with the National Parks being closed because of the government shutdown, it sure was a great way to fill up our day! We will be back when we come to the area!

Room Tip: We stayed across the street in the events lodge and had no issues at all - if anything, it was quiet...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I like many of you spend a lot of time reading reviews of places. I get all excited reading the 5 star ones, and then I get really worried after reading the 1 Star reviews. I decided the good outweighed the bad on this one and booked a 4 night stay at the River Lodge. We had two adults, 17 year old, and 7 year old for our trip. To get to the point quick we all liked it a lot and all are open to returning to this resort when we visit this area again. We got there around 1pm on a Saturday. The place was packed. I was surprised as I had read this was the slow time of year. They allowed us to check in at 1 and my requests were met for a room close to the indoor waterpark. I had been lead to believe the rooms were really small and maybe it's just me but this was a normal sized hotel room. If I can survive 4 nights in this room with 3 girls then anyone can. The beds were hard, and I woke up 4-5 times each night sore and having to move. Other than that we have no complaints about the room or this resort. Come Sunday the place was a ghost town. It went from zero parking to any parking spot you wanted. We did not eat on site as the reviews did point me to other places to enjoy in this area. We all enjoyed the waterparks (indoor and Out), we didn't have time do anything in Adventure Forest but it looked fun. There were no noise problems in our room. We were next to elevator, and even that didn't make it loud in our room. Just to wrap it up and stop rambling on. We liked it, we will return and we thought it was worth the price we paid ($99 per night). I know come Summer this place gets to be $299 a night and I'm not sure I would pay that, but then again there's not too many places I would pay $300 a night for a room.

Room Tip: I would request a room closer to indoor water park. If you get stuck on the other end it's a lon...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Upon arrival there was an odor in one of our adjoining rooms. We thought it would dissipate. It only got worse with time. I alerted the front desk and was told the room would be ozoned immediately but we would need to be out for at least 3 hours. After leaving the room and spending a good amount if money painting pottery to keep the kids busy, we returned to the room. Never ozoned. Housekeeping and the front desk kept wanting to blame each other. After the room was ozoned the odor remained. For $350 a night I feel a little ripped off.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Jen9200
Johnson City, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I, being the only adult, took 5 of our Cadette Girl Scouts for the night. I was very comfortable with the girls ages 12-14 being able to go on the water slides, etc by themselves. I was always with them in the water parks, but they did the activities on their own. We had a great employee at the front desk who checked us in and was able to find a different discount that saved us a little bit. Since this was the girls money they had earned from selling cookies this was a very big deal. We had a junior suite. Plenty of room for 6 females with 2 bathrooms. We had a great time and would recommend it for other group outings and/or families.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Resort at Governor's Crossing
The Inn at Christmas Place
The Inn at Christmas Place
#2 of 90 in Pigeon Forge
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,979 reviews

Been to Wilderness at the Smokies Resort? Share your experiences!