“Fun”

Wilderness at the Smokies Resort
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our 6 year old has been going to this waterpark since he was 3. He loves it. As for mom and dad, its ok. The rooms have a sour smell to them and I think it is mildew from all the water. The rides are not crowded at all and I am glad only hotel guest can use them. The food prices are WAY to HIGH. I would NEVER eat there again. They advertise kids eat free. However, the buffet is 19.99 per adult. WHO PAYS $20.00 at a buffet. That is why the kids eat free.. you are paying FOR THEM. The breakfast was the same way! We payed $15.99 per adult for breakfast. It had cute decor but we have been going for so LONG I wish they would update some things. I will say this, the prices are A LOT better than The Great Wolfe Lodge FOR SURE!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,704)

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We went to The Wildeness at the Smokies for Fall Break. After one day the kids were ready to leave. The room was small and uncomfortable. The food was not worth the price. The waterpark was disappointing. My kids 3,5 9 were excited until they went in. They were pushed and shoved by kids. Everytime they tried to do something the older kids would push them out . The lifeguards were not helpful. They allowed to many people in the wave pool at once. It was to dangerous for younger kids at the water park. Will not return.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Checked in late Sunday after day at Dollywood. Not crowded at all, smooth check in. Room was fine. I'm a stickler for cleanliness and everything was new/nice. Waterpark was good for a day. Restaurant was not bad but nothing to write home about. Had one minor maintenance issue and very nice Maint. man there in 5 minutes. Good place to try.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I guess the first thing I noticed was really poor wifi Internet service. I mean really poor. Then we went to the room. After an extended wait at what I was beginning to believe was a broken elevator (I found that unsupervised children were at play) we found our room was in a poor state of repair, including a disconnected cooktop, microwave bracket on wall, microwave on counter??? Sheets put on inside out, not a big deal, but maybe something better than 100 thread count sandpaper sheets for 200 bucks a night. Found someone's lost toothbrush between the mattress and the footboard. Just nasty. Towels are the cheapest, scratchiest I've ever experienced at what is advertised as a great hotel. Tried to use the little freezer in the room, it was frozen over with ice. The noise level from above sounded like someone herding buffalo until 1AM. Called the front desk about that and found the staff unconcerned. The A/C in the room is on an energy saving system that requires your room key to stay in a slot or it turns off. What they don't tell you is if you open the glass door to the balcony, it disables the unit to the extent that maintenance has to come reset it. Food at this hotel is prepared by kids with no desire to be there. There is no such thing as customer service in any of the food facilities that we visited. The breads were stale, the sandwich filings dry and unpalatable. When I complained, I was told, "we'll sir, that's what we have". The water park is strictly for children. The deepest pool I could find was three feet deep. Forget swimming laps in an actual pool. The "lifeguards" are as apathetic as I've ever seen. They seemed to care more about the timing of the relief person as anything else. It is hot, humid and less than enjoyable. The first night when we opened the couch bed, we found it unmade (though our reservation made it clear it would be used). Upon closer inspection we found that it was covered in cracker crumbs. Again just plain unclean. My overall recommendation? STEER CLEAR. DO NOT SPEND THE BUCKS FOR THIS PLACE. IT IS JUST VERY POORLY MANAGED.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank WPeck
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The resort was beautiful, clean, great size rooms. We had a 2 bedoorm suite fireplace in the livingroom, beautiful full sized kitchen, dinningroom, big bathrrom with whrilpool tub shower double sinks, plus another full sized bathroom.

Room Tip: stay on the golf course side, some units face the road.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank thetwins08
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed at the resort during the weekend of Sept 20th. We were prepared the time-share pressure and maybe even considered the purchase, but wanted to check it out first. The food prices are high in the gift shop, but there are plenty of choices outside of the property less than 2 miles away. What really turned us off was the the indoor water park. While a maintenance repair man was working on one of the slides, he repeatedly SPIT in the pool. It looked like he was chewing tobacco or gum, but the spitting was un professional and unsanitary.

I addressed this with the manager on duty who needed to verify what happened. He said for us not to worry, the filters would get it out, Really??? The best he could do was offer me free breakfast, a approx $25 value. Great chance to turn a bad situation around, too bad he missed. After pulling my kids out of the pool, we did not want to go back in. We would have been more than happy to drive home at that point.

In the end we did enjoy the park before our saliva experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank rogerb94
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I went with a golf group -- all adult women. The golf courses are great, and the golf and clubhouse staff treated us like queens. Not only did we have a superb dinner at the clubhouse pavilion (the chef is extraordinary!), but they kept the bar open late just for us.

I wasn't so impressed with the Stone Hill Lodge. I expected there to be lots of families with children at a resort with a water park, but not that the family suites would be interspersed among the more adult accommodations. Someone has mentioned the very long hallways, which a few children used as a playroom/exercise run. They weren't loud or otherwise badly behaved, it was just rather disconcerting to have them zoom by - particularly when were carrying and rolling luggage. But the layout is quite inconvenient, particularly if you're near the end of the very, very long hallway, and far from the elevator to the garage levels. There's also a lack of vanity space in the regular rooms, and the mirror was quite poorly lit. Otherwise, the room was okay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends