“Awsome Food”

Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 205 Restaurants in Sevierville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 7, 2014

This was our first experience here, and we were greeted with apple julep, fritters, apple butter and that was just to start. Then our salad, meal and dessert. Well worth the trip!

Applewood F, Assistant to the President at Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Thank you! We are so pleased that you found us worth the trip!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,022)

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Decided to try this place for lunch due to all the good reviews. If you go definitely make sure you’re hungry as they will definitely give you a lot of food. First you get apple fritters (awesome) and an apple julep. After filling up on that some soup came out with my entrée. By the time my entrée came I was close to being full. I ordered the fried chicken salad and the fried chicken was cooked perfectly. This was definitely one of the best restaurants we went to in Gatlinburg. Afterwards I had to go to one of the nearby shops to buy the apple butter that came with the fritters as it is some of the best I've tasted.

Thank you! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

A vacation to the Smoky's usually includes a visit to the Applebarn at some point. The food there ranges from just "ok" to pretty good. On our last visit, my mom's grilled chicken was still pink in the middle which pretty much ruined her whole meal. Everyone else's meal was great though. It's fairly similar in atmosphere and menu to Cracker Barrel. My favorite by far is the apple fritters and the juleps they bring out. If it weren't somewhat of a tradition our family's had since I was a kid, I'd prefer going elsewhere.

Thank you for your many visits. We appreciate you making us aware of your concerns. We regret that there was an issue with the grilled chicken and have discussed this matter with our Executive Chef as well as management and staff. Please accept our apology. Our goal is to provide complete quality food and quality satisfaction. We are sorry that we failed to meet this goal and look forward to the opportunity to restore your confidence in Applewood.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

They brought the complimentary Apple Cider Julep and it tasted okay, not great. We tried the complimentary muffins that are served with Apple Butter and they also were just okay. I didn't get to try the fritter sprinkled with powder sugar, it looked good though but my husband said he couldn't taste the apples but it was tasty. For breakfast I ordered bacon and buttermilk pancakes and there was plenty of food and they tasted good. My dad had eggs, bacon, biscuits/gravy, potatoes, grits and apples he said his meal was excellent. I think I would try something similar to his on my next visit as I wanted to try their sliced cinnamon apples. I enjoyed looking at the small birds enclosure in the middle of dining room as we had been to Parrot Mountain and thought it was great. Service was friendly and I would return.

Thank you for your visit and for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. We are pleased that overall you enjoyed Applewood and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Immediately after being seated we were given a glass of apple juice and a basket of apple fritters. The apple fritters were excellent. Warm and lightly coated with powdered sugar. The staff were friendly and our waiter the best. Attentive but not forceful. The vegetables were fresh and the food cooked perfectly and excellent. The only negative for me, was the amount of food. The portions were very large and the meal came with soup or salad plus two vegetables. I had the vegetable soup and it was excellent.

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to serving you again.