“A Great Eatery Place in Pigeon Forge”

Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 186 Restaurants in Sevierville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 21, 2014

If you like good home cooked food at a fair price this place is for you. Everything is fresh and nicely served. There are two restaurants side by side. One serves deserts and the other doesn't. The one further from the Parkway serves desert. Both are great restaurants. Highly recommend all visitors to PF try these restaurants.

Applewood F, Assistant to the President at Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for your kind words ... we appreciate your recommendation!

There are newer reviews for Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant

Reviewed January 16, 2014

The food was fresh and amazing!!! the service was fast and friendly. They give you complimentary apple muffins and fritters when you sit down and they are delicious!!

Applewood F, Assistant to the President at Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for joining us for Breakfast! We are glad you enjoyed your meal!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

The Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant looks like you are dining in a large farm house. The rooms are decorated with a warm, welcoming country motif. The casual atmosphere makes it a great place to bring younger children. Ours ranged in age from 5 to 9. They offer a variety of country style meals. Best of all, the meals come with soup, salad, and a dessert. They start you with mouth watering apple fritters and their homemade apple butter. The well prepared Southern Fried Chicken and Apple Julep Grilled Chicken were both moist and tender. I would recommend either the Cornbread Sausage Dressing or the Fried Okra as a side. The okra was very fresh tasting and had a nice light batter. For dessert, the Chocolate Cake, Apple Spice Cake and the Apple Cobbler were all very pleasing our family's "sweet tooth's". I will definitely return here when I am in this part of Tennessee again.

Thank you for visiting Applewood! We are glad you enjoyed your meal and appreciate you taking time to share your comments. It was a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We have enjoyed lunch here many times and decided to have breakfast during our recent visit. I have to say we were both disappointed in breakfast. Not only was I really looking forward to their great apple fritters, but I also couldn't wait to eat homemade biscuits and gravy. Was I ever disappointed when I took my first bite and realized the gravy was from a packet and NOT homemade. Breakfast was overpriced and definitely nothing special. The next time we eat here it will be for lunch.

Thank you for visiting Applewood. We apologize that your breakfast was overpriced and disappointing. We regret that you did not enjoy the gravy and have asked our Executive Chef to look into your concerns. It is our hope that you will visit again and allow us an opportunity to restore your confidence in Applewood.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband and I finally got a chance to visit Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant this past week.

The value is better than most restaurants. Each entree comes with soup, salad and dessert. Apple fritters and Apple Juleps. Even the entree salads come with soup and dessert. Can't complain about anything in that department.

Where it fell apart for us was in the service department. We had never been to this restaurant before and our server never asked if we had been. We weren't even sure if she was our server because she never introduced herself to us. She came to our table and set down a basket of fritters and walked away. She then came back and asked what we wanted to drink and then walked away again. When she came back for the third time, she asked if we were ready to order. My husband told her that he was not ready, and commented on the wide, interesting variety of foods listed on the menu. A suggestion from her would have been wonderful. But, she just walked away.

When she returned, we put in our orders. My husbands tea glass sat empty until our food came out.

When the food did come out, it was quite tasty. Everything was hot and fresh. No complaints in that department. The portions are large and, again, a great value. We definitely were bringing some home with us. When the time came for desserts, we asked that she bring them in "to-go" boxes, as we were quite full.

At this point, I asked for some boxes to take our leftovers home in. She brought me VERY small "to-go" boxes. What restaurant doesn't have normal size boxes? We actually ended up with 9...yes, NINE...small "to-go" boxes which I had to bag up in 2 separate bags. It was honestly, ridiculous.

Over all, I can say that while, yes the food was good, we will most likely not be returning. Bad service can make or break an experience in any industry. And, if we had received good service, we would have left with a better impression.

I'm not going to spend money anywhere, if the experience is a let down.

1  Thank TnCountryLife

Thank you for your visit and for taking time to make us aware of your experience. We apologize that your visit was disappointing and have made management aware of the issues you described. It is our hope that you will allow us another opportunity to restore your confidence in Applewood.