“We eat here every time we come to Pigeon Forge”

Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 190 Restaurants in Sevierville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We eat here every time we come to Pigeon Forge. The food is good and the apple fritters are wonderful. Next time I will get a bowl of soup it's great.

Applewood F, Assistant to the President at Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for being a regular! We appreciate your patronage (past and present) and enjoy the opportunity to serve you.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,501)

Reviewed September 29, 2013

With so many choices in this Smoky Mountain area, you better be good. Having eaten at many restaurants in the area, we were excited to dine at this local favorite. The bar had been set high by many fine places, and we were expecting the same from Applewood but to our disappointment, it was very average. The apple fritters were great, but overall our food was just average compared to our other selections. If we had not dined at 4/5 other restaurants this trip, maybe Applewood would have been higher rated.

Thank you for visiting Applewood. We regret that we fell short of your expectations and appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Your comments will be reviewed with management and staff. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will visit again to allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in Applewood.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I had relatives visiting from Maryland and wanted to take them for some good southern food. This was the first place that came to mind. They thoroughly enjoyed the southern atmosphere, the costumes the waitresses wore and the food is like what your Grandma would have cooked. The prices are reasonable for the amount of food you get and the apple fritters and homemade apple butter are worth the trip!

Thank you for visiting Applewood and for the opportunity to assist you in hosting your guests from Maryland. We are glad that each of you enjoyed dining with us .. it was certainly a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have dined here on previous occasions and on this trip we had an evening meal and the following morning we had breakfast. The evening meal is very large and my wife and I sometimes share when we eat out. I looked at the menu and there was a charge of over $6 to share a meal. I ordered the vegetable plate instead and shared the fried chicken my wife ordered (there was plenty, she was served 4 pieces). For some reason I did not read close enough but the next morning when I asked I was told the charge was not for an empty plate but came with 2 vegetables and soup so you could share the meat. That is good since any item on their evening menu is enough food for 2 people. The vegetables are seasoned well and very tasty.The apple fritters were outstanding and they are served with apple butter. The next morning we were also served apple fritters, apple butter and apple muffins. The apple muffins were micro muffins about 1.5 inches across and between .5 to .75 inched thick. I would have preferred the apple fritters. I ordered one of the most expensive items for breakfast - country ham and red eye gravy. The country ham was grilled and tender, wonderful. The red eye gravy was not, it was red in fact too red you could almost wipe the color off the side of the plastic container. Red eye gravy is made by pouring coffee with a dash of sugar into the pan where the ham was cooked. This had no coffee at all and also had a very bland flavor. When I asked the waitress she said they must have used decaf coffee or water. The grits were good, the apples served with the meal good, but the potatoes had a little too much garlic for breakfast. The meal comes with one biscuit and since I pour the red eye gravy on my first biscuit, I had to finish my great country ham with no bread. I did not ask nor was I offered additional biscuits. I guess I do not understand how a restaurant can serve a Southern meal of country ham, red eye gravy with just one biscuit in the first place, I suggest you raise the price and throw in a second biscuit. You always need a second biscuit for the apple butter. My wife ordered pecan pancakes and bacon, she also got the grits and potatoes as well. Two pancakes were served about 8 inches in diameter which is enough for her but the pancakes were doughy and heavy. I suggest you add a little something to lighten them up. My granddaughter was with us and picked an apple off one of the trees and we did enjoy shopping in the gift barn.

Thank you for taking time to share your comments. We regret that the Red Eye Gravy was not to your liking and will be sure to address this matter with our Chef and staff as well as your suggestions regarding extra biscuits and the pancakes. Your patronage is important to us and we appreciate the opportunity to address these matters.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We came here after a trip to the Mt. Leconte Lodge and we were happy to have come here to be filled up right. The food and service were very good. We left stuffed to the gills and wanted to keep going but simply couldn't.

Thank you for visiting Applewood. That hike to and from LeConte can work up an appetite! We are glad you allows us to help you relax and "refuel".