“THE Place to eat”

Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 185 Restaurants in Sevierville
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dunwoody, Georgia, United States
“THE Place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

If you love country cooking, big portions, great value and atmosphere this is the place for your family

Visited July 2013
Applewood F, Assistant to the President at Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you calling us "THE Place to eat". Hope to see you again soon!

Fishers, Indiana
“Good Southern Cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by a co-worker as a must eat. We ate there today, on our first day of vacation. We loved the fritters and apple cider julep that was served to us immediately, even before our drink orders were taken. The apple butter was probably the best item of the entire meal. The fritters were great, but would have been better if they would have been warmer than room temperature. All adult meals come with a choice of soup (chicken noodle or vegetable), mashed potatoes, a biscuit and a side of your choice. We started with the soups (one of each). I don't like soup, so to me, both were fine, but my husband really liked the vegetable soup due to the bit of spice in it. I ordered the 3-piece fried chicken and my husband ordered the sugar cured ham so that we could split. (We were there for lunch and our entrees were $11.99 each). I gave him the breast, and he RAVED about the yumminess of the chicken. My leg was fine, but definitely not rave-able. Everyone in our family liked the ham. I thought was REALLY good. We ordered the fried okra as our side. It was good, but not as good as my mom makes, and again not quite warm enough. The mashed potatoes were fine, but not memorable at all. Some gravy might have been good. The biscuit was good (especially with the APPLE BUTTER!!!). The kids ordered chicken tenders and mac and cheese (each were $5.99 and came with one side, a biscuit and a cookie or scoop of ice cream). Both were excellent. Our server brought out our drinks in very age appropriate glasses (normal for me, a smaller version of mine for my 9yo and a styro cup with a lid for my 6yo). She was an efficient and friendly grandmother. We would go back and think that the breakfast would be even better :)

• Visited July 2013
Applewood F, Assistant to the PresidentT at Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for visiting Applewood. We are pleased that you enjoyed your meal and will be sure to share your comments with management.
Ohio
“Glorified Cracker Barrel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

When seated you are given a basket of apple fritters w/apple butter which is delicious. They serve it with a mixture of juices which is also good. I ordered the pork chops which were a bit undercooked. After eating almost 1 full pork chop I noticed something blue on the side of my chop. It was a piece of plastic! They said it was part if the wrapping the chops come in. They comped my meal as a result. My son ordered a hamburger from the kids menu but we were charged more than the pricing on the menu by $2. I just wanted to leave at this point and didn't mention it to them. For a family of 4 with 2 kids and 2 adults dinner would have been $50 w/out the comped meal. The food was average. I would not go back.

• Visited July 2013
Thank you for making us aware of your concerns. We appreciate the opportunity to look into this matter. Please feel free to contact us directly to discuss your visit further. We can be reached via our website ... Trip advisor does not allow us to post the web address but we can be found by searching Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant.
Gold Hill, North Carolina
“great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We enjoyed the home style cooking. It was wonderful. Would go back and plan too next time we visit. The soup, chicken and vegetables were wonderful just like grandma's cooking.

• Visited July 2013
Thank you for your kind words We are very pleased that you had a "great" visit and hope to see you again soon.
Rushville, Illinois
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We ate breakfast and they give you a lot of food and its very good!
The prices are average and the waitress was very nice.

Visited July 2013
Thank you for your visit ... we are so glad you enjoyed your breakfast. Hope to see you again!