“I might have caught them on an off day” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant

Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 183 Restaurants in Sevierville
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cut Off, Louisiana
“I might have caught them on an off day”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I really just don't have anything nice to say about the food or service here. I really think I caught them on an off day since everyone else has rated them so highly but neither my wife or myself were very impressed. The fritters were good but fried a bit too long

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Applewood F, Assistant to the President at Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We regret that your visit was not as it should have been. Your comments will be shared with management and staff to ensure your concerns are addressed. We value your opinion and patronage and appreciate the opportunity look into why this may have been an “off day”.

Castle Rock, Colorado
“Thoroughly enjoyed (and left stuffed)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I came here had dinner here Tuesday night around 7:30 and were seated immediately. The complimentary Apple Fritters (I think we got 5 or 6 for two people) w/ Apple Butter and Apple Juleps were at our table just a minute later and were delicious! I had the Chicken & Dumplings and my husband got the Sampler platter which came with Chicken & Dumplings, Chicken Pot Pie and Fried Chicken. The meals also included a salad, soup (Homemade Chicken Noodle or Veg Soup), choice of side & choice of dessert. The waitress also brought us a side of mashed potatoes to share (we didn't order them, but maybe she figured the meals we ordered would be better with them?) Either way, they were very good and she didn't charge us for them. My meal was $13.99 and my husband's $16ish. Initially, we thought it looked a little pricey, but considering everything we got, definitely worth the cost. We were too full for the desserts, so we asked for them to go and they look delicious (haven't tried them yet).

All in all, service was very good (fast and friendly) and the food was very good as well. We were glad we stopped here for some good ole fashion southern-style home cooking.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your comments and thoughts regarding your recent visit. We are pleased that you found things to your liking. Your patronage is appreciated as well as your kind words.
Northern Virginia, Virginia
“Good southern home cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

You get a LOT of food, the entrees come with soup and two sides. The apple fritters starter with apple butter is amazing. Pretty reasonable prices. Very good if you are trying to get away from the tourists and chain restaurants. The service was a tad slow, but then we were in no hurry at all.

Visited March 2013
Applewood F, Assistant to the President at Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post about your visit to Applewood. We appreciate you comments and are glad you enjoyed your experience. We appreciate you honestly on the slow service and will address this with our managment and staff. Thanks again!
texas
“So much food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We've been here twice now and enjoyed it both times. We lucked up and got Cathy as our server both times - she was so fun and helpful! LOVE the old house - sit on the indoor "porch" if you can. They actually have a couple booths that are porch swing seats! Every meal comes with soup (get the chicken noodle, it has large hunks of chicken!), salad (ranch dressing is very good), entree + mash potatoes and addt'l veg, and even dessert! YUM! Entree prices are $15 - $18 and I think they allow sharing for addt'l $7. (You'll be taking food home!) Beautiful location, gift shops, and even ice cream shop on campus! Great experience; much more than a restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Applewood F, Assistant to the President at Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for sharing your visit to Applewood .... we are so glad that you enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere. We will be sure to pass on to Cathy that you enjoyed having her as your server...we are sure she will appreciate the compliment!
Bassett, Virginia
“What happened to the service?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I visited the Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant on Sunday afternoon. We visit the restaurant everytime we go to Pigeon Forge. It has always been our favorite restaurant. However, this time we were very disappointed. After a young man seated us, we waited almost 10 minutes before our order was taken. The waitress was very nice but she was rushed even though the restaurant was not yet full. In our room there were only three tables occupied with two waitresses. She brought our tea, but did not bring the apple drink or fritters. It was not until she brought our food that she brought the drink and fritters. When we received our food, the potatoes had a hard crust on top. They had obviously been microwaved or sitting for a while in the bowl. The other food had no seasoning on it. During our entire visit, the waitress only filled my tea once and did not fill my husbands tea at all. Later she brought us some to go boxes and the check. Before we could finish putting our food in the boxes, she had returned three times to ask if we were ready for her to take the check. Only once to refill my drink but three times to get our money? We stopped filling our boxes and gave her the money. She returned with our change. However, she only returned the bills and not the coins. Did she keep the coins as her tip? When we pay for a service or item, we expect ALL of our change to be returned. Then we will leave a tip. This visit was not enjoyable, but this is not the typical. Usually when we visit this restaurant, the food, service, and general experiance is wonderful. I am sorry to say this time it was a waste of money and a huge disappointment. I cannot say I will never return, but I will say when I return with my family in September, we will not visit this establishment.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to make us aware of your experience. Please accept our apology. We appreciate you sharing your comments and allowing us the opportunity to address your concerns. In order to better assist us please contact us directly through our website comment section and share time of visit, area you were seated in and server name if possible (if not description would be helpful). We are eager to investigate your comments and determine a resolution.