“Great experience!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sevierville
Covered Bridge Resort
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great experience!!”
Reviewed July 24, 2008

We stayed in the cabin called A Quiet Moment. We're so glad we made that choice! Although the resort is very nice (IMO), a lot of the cabins are right next to each other. Ours was off to itself at the top of a steep hill. So we had plenty of privacy and a nice view! The cabin was very clean. However, I'd like to suggest a vacuum be supplied as the area rug in the living room area needed vacuuming.

There are a few resident peacocks on the property though. Twice one of the males got on top of my car and pooped on it (both times). But, I know that's no fault of the resort - that's just nature!

I mentioned the steep hill earlier in my review. If you're planning on going to the resort pool, you should think about driving to it as it's at the entrance of the resort. It would have been quite a hike heading back to the cabin! We have an 11 month old baby and driving to the pool was an excellent decision on our part.

We would definitely stay at this resort again and request the same cabin!!

P.S. We rented through Cabin Fever Vacations. I highly recommend them as well. Check-in took 5 minutes, at most. Great experience!

• Liked — The privacy and view
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank spdracr

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 4, 2008

As a 66 year old with bad knees I was trapped in the cabin for a week while the family had fun. What makes me angry is that I personally phoned the office and asked if there were places to walk. Not only did I want to walk a mile a day for myself, but I envisioned taking the one year old for stroller rides on mountain paths. I was told yes, there were places to walk. (I guess they meant driving to the bottom and walking on the highway.) I feel I was lied to. The road we were on must have been at a 35 degree angle. The photos do not show it and the home page photos are a joke. Nice neighboring scenery but nothing to do with Covered Bridge. In case it sounds just like an old grump complaining, a young single in our group also brought his jogging shoes and shorts, to no avail.
A wasted week for me.
Several housekeeping and furnishing issues.

• Liked — evening and morning on the porch listening to wildlife
  • Disliked — being trapped unless your car was out front, but not enough parking for a group
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank Sheridanne
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 23, 2008

We stayed at the covered bridge resort in June 2008 and had a great time. The cabin was beautifully decorated, not as big as it looked in the pictures but much better than a hotel. The kitchen was fully equipped. The pool was small but nice. They had a washer and dryer (but no detergent). But still it was nice to be able to dry our suits after a swim. It is a few miles from the main street of pigeon forge, which makes it easy to get anything or go anywhere.
Our unit had a Wii game system and a pool table. This was the highlight of our stay because we could all get together and play rather than watch TV after a tiring day of sight seeing. And there peacocks roaming around the property!!!! Overall it was worth every penny. I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Having a kitchen to meet my 2 year old son and parents needs
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Alysha08
Ogdensburg, New York
Reviewed May 26, 2008

The Covered Bridge Resort is a newer complex with many cabins, varying in size. My family had a family reunion in one 5 bedroom cabin - there were 21 of us (age 65 to 1 yr.) We had a great time. The cabin was nicely decorated and clean. The kitchen is pretty well equipped so we were able to make a few meals. The complex is situated on very steep hills - nothing flat about this place. There is a nice pool at the entrance of the complex. The cabin is fairly conveniently located near the busy strip through Pigeon Forge. Traffic is usually heavy so it does take a while to get to your destination, but I think that would be the case no matter where you stay in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg in the summer time. We would recommend this complex and hope to go back.

• Liked — amount of space and amenities
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank lcshea
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Wyndham Vacation Resorts Great Smokies Lodge
Appleview River Resort
#1 of 36 in Sevierville
Accommodations by Parkside Resort
Resort at Governor's Crossing

Been to Covered Bridge Resort? Share your experiences!